PDA

View Full Version : Parent pulled out of meeting

Minstrel
21-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I had a parent due to come for a visit next week with a view to filling my last vacancy. She seemed very lovely and so keen, said i sounded so 'right' for her on the phone. Se has just emailed to say she can't make it and will be in touch but I know that's a brush off. No idea why so i'm feeling very :(

Do you always take these turn downs personally or is just me?

onceinabluemoon
21-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I dont take it personally, especially if they've never met me. :)

You never know it may be genuine, I've had in the past somebody keep putting me off and putting me off and it really was genuine, they did get in touch and I ended up minding the child for a couple of years

mama2three
21-04-2011, 04:14 PM
It might be genuine , lots of people are taking advantage of the weather and the bank holidays and getting away for a few days. But even if not theres no way you should take it personally - especially before they have even met you!

kindredspirits
21-04-2011, 04:23 PM
i know how you feel - i had a lady round the week before last, seemed very keen and said she'd call me when she knows her notice period for current childcare. she rang on the friday saying can she come and do contracts next week and never bothered to show up on the monday.
i rang to see where she was and she said 'oh my cars broken down and i lost your number can i call you soon to rearrange' obviously a brush off and such a kick in the teeth!!

sarah707
21-04-2011, 04:56 PM
:group hug:

TheBTeam
21-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Big hugs, it isnt nice but to be honest it happens to so many of us, that it cant be personal, it is just the ignorance of society these days!

Minstrel
21-04-2011, 07:20 PM
I know I know! Daft aren't I? :laughing:

I realise I know it's not personal as she didn't even get to meet me.... but you put yourself 'out there', don't you? So when they don't follow it through for whatever reasons, it feels like rejection.

Anyway popping a :D back on and getting myself back out there. I start back on Tues after 9 months off! Bit nervous!

Demonjill
21-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Good luck for Tues Minstrel - you will be fab!:-):thumbsup: