PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma..

Delly
26-04-2008, 04:11 PM
my garden wasn't included when I got my registration as it wasn't completed.

It is now all ready spick and span can't wait to use it with minded kids, I have planted veggies (with my own kids) and want to start using it.

My dilemma is this.. I obviously have to call ofsted to come and check its suitable for use, but this will remind them that I'm due to be inspected?

do you think that they'll combine 1st inpection with checking the garden out?

any advice appreciated :)

sarah707
26-04-2008, 04:14 PM
You could just send in a risk assessment and photos...

A different dept might deal with it and not even come out if you do a thorough job with the letter etc. :D

miffy
26-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I think Sarah's idea of sending photos and a letter is a good one

Sorry but I don't know whether that will be enough but it's worth a try

miffy xx

donnahay0
26-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I think sending photos is a good idea too. If it does prompt them into doing a full inspection you could look at it with a view to getting it all over an done with - you will only be preventing the inevitable.

laura2kidz
26-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I have just had pre reg and have not registered my garden yet also as it is far from ready. I asked her what i should do when the garden is done and she said could either wait for my inspection or apply for a variation and would then need to send them detailed plans or what i had done. Hope this is of some help. Laura

angeldelight
26-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

Jinx
27-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Had a very similar situation only a few weeks ago. Finished the garden and rang Ofsted. Was told I needed to write a letter to the Inspections Support Team at Bristol. Before I'd even written the letter I got a call arranging my inspection!!! So yes, it did remind them I was overdue!!!!

In the end, the inspection was fine. Glad its over and done with now. I asked the inspector about the garden and she said it was fine but that they didn't actually have any record of my garden being off limits in the first place!!! Typical.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck

Jinx x