PDA

View Full Version : Today my forgtefulness wasn't funny....

jumpinjen
20-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Guys....

i am in the throes of 'baby brain' and it wasn't funny today..... we had to rush home from the park when i realised that i hadn't turned off the electric pan that we had made drop scones in this morning. I had to leave the children locked in the car on the drive whilst I went in to check and found all the doors and windows open and my poor husband (trying to sleep as on nights) fanning the smoke out of the kitchen.... I had not only left it on but with a drop scone still in it :eek:

I also hadn't locked the house apparently.

Shortly after that I trapped my finger in my triple buggy trying to put it up and had to scream for poor hubby to get out of bed and help me as I couldn't lift it off my myself... cue ice pack and uncontrollable sobbing for five minutes.....

so I put littlies to bed for their sleep, put a dvd on for the older ones, got hubby up again to get the sound to work (very patient bless him!), had a half hour lie on the sofa with them and started again...

and we had a lovely afternoon doing easter crafts and an egg hunt and not burning the house down!!!!

Oh my goodness i need an early night!!!

Jen x

Heaven Scent
20-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh dear - poor you take care - hugs and best wishes for a better day tomorrow!!!

funemnx
20-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh goodness me, what a day!! I hope you have a better one tomorrow :)

onceinabluemoon
20-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh no!

Poor you! Hope you have a lovely restful evening and a better day tomorrow x

breezy
20-04-2011, 07:11 PM
oh no, poor you, but what a lovely hubby!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
20-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Oh poor you, but your hubby does sound wonderful bless him.

Hope you are relaxing now xx

gegele
20-04-2011, 07:29 PM
my youngest is 2 1/2 so can't really blame baby brain but i was planning a trip out to london tomorrow to visit family as full timer is on holiday and met my part timers in tesco this am who said to me "see you tomorrow!!":blush: :panic: :eek: :o totally forgot about them !!!!

lucky i met them or i would have been 1h away:o

alwaysright
20-04-2011, 08:01 PM
sounds like you've had a fun day, but what i want to know is what are drop scones :o

jumpinjen
20-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks ladies.... have had a relaxing shower and chilled out this evening... hubby managed to get some good sleep in so that was good too...

drop scones are also called scotch pancakes.... made with self raising flour and sugar and raisins and smaller than normal ones, they rise up and are a yummy snack.... we make savoury ones without the sugra and with ham and sweetcorn etc as well. I often do them as a snack if we have the time!

jenni x

miffy
20-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Glad you're OK now (and your very patient hubby got some sleep) :)

Can you post the recipe for drop scones please, they sound yummy.

Miffy xx

Goatgirl
20-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Glad you're OK now (and your very patient hubby got some sleep) :)

Can you post the recipe for drop scones please, they sound yummy.

Miffy xx

I second that -The scones sound awesome :D
... and you're not alone: I left a pan on while i did the nursery run the other day : its not long, but I walked back very fast once I remembered. And I don't have baby brain ... unless its still the same one I got whilst pregnant with my eldest (now 25 :laughing: )

bws,
Wendy :)

ORKSIE
20-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Bless your heart :)
Your hubby sounds wonderful, bless him:thumbsup:

here's to a better tomorrow

xx

jumpinjen
21-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi...

trip out planned today with another minder and I have pre-warned her that she needs to keep an eye on me!!!

Drop scones recipe..... hmmmm..... I don't exactly measure the ingredients but here goes....... self raising flour in a bowl.... more or less depending on how many you want to make (they'll keep to eat cold as well so don't be shy!!!)...... put in about a fifth of the same amount of icing sugar if you are making sweet ones....... crack two eggs into a well in the flour and start to whisk the eggs, gradually pulling in more flour.... add milk as you go to keep it loose...... it should be thick and sticky so it doesn't spread out too much when you put it in the pan......... then add your extras.... raisins, blueberries, banana pieces, choc chips etc, or for savoury..... chopped ham, sweetcorn, chives, crumbled goats cheese etc...... heat a large flat pan, when hot, swizz some butter round to coat, then drop spoonfuls of mixture onto the pan, wait until the top shows bubbles then flip them over..... and eat!!

The children find them really filling and I usually serve them with fruit to make a healthy mix for snack!

I'm sure there are proper recipes out there if you don't get on with my blag recipe!!!

Have a good day!

jen x

The Juggler
21-04-2011, 07:18 AM
aww hon, you dh sounds lovely and hope you have a better day today :)

littletreasures
21-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Hope you have a better day today x

... And thanks for the recipe