PDA

View Full Version : Am I right to exclude?

buzzy bee
20-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Mindee (16 months) has a bad eye and ear infection, and has had it for over 2 weeks now (he's on antibiotics).

In that time, my LO caught it and I missed out on a day's earnings. Also I've had it and I've treated it with eye drops. I'm pretty sure we both caught it from him as he had it first (he he!!)

Anyway, he was off all of last week and this week so far. Mum just called to say he's had 2 good nights sleep and is full of beans and back to himself, but his dad now has it and they're not sure if Mindee is still contageous and am I still happy to have him.

I felt awful but I ended up saying I'd rather not because if I or my LO catch it I'll have to close and miss out on my income. I said for her to call NHS direct and find out if he'd still be contageous.

I just feel really bad saying I won't have him. It's in my policy that I still charge when they're ill but because I'm saying I won't have him I feel bad charging for it...

Hate this side of this job!

Did I do the right thing?

kindredspirits
20-04-2011, 07:27 AM
i think it needs to be totally cleared up before he comes back, much like any other contagious illness. Mum also needs to be sure that it won't be passed backwards and forwards between LO and Dad.