PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

JumpingJacks
20-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi

Hoping someone can help, we have been offered to join a friend on a day out over the Bank holidays, I do not drive and she does and has offered to take us. Am I allowed to do this does anyone know? Mum is happy to give permission for this but need to know where I stand on insurance front! Don't want to say yes until I know we can go!

I am going to give Ofsted a ring later on but wanted to get a 'heads up' on the situation if possible :)

Thanks all.

FussyElmo
20-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Its fine just the same as if you were going by taxi. Just the same as it is if she visits you you are not allowed to leave mindee with her alone.

Have a lovely day :thumbsup:

The Juggler
20-04-2011, 07:22 AM
I would just make sure you have written permission from mum and that your friend has business insurance :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
20-04-2011, 08:40 AM
It's fine, make sure you use appropriate car seats. X

JumpingJacks
20-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi all thanks for your replies, just to update I have spoken to Ofsted just now and I have been told that all they are concerned about is the appropriate risk assessments. Car/outing etc, using the appropriate car seats and restaints and ensuring the car driver has their own insurance, however it does not need to be for business (as they are not benefiting from it and it is not their business). Ofsted also saifd to ensure I have a specific permission for the outing and transporting if possible rather than a generic outings one.

Hope that helps anyone that may be in the same situation in future!

Can't wait to pass my test lol :D

Jackie x

teacherinwales
20-04-2011, 04:04 PM
That's interesting to know. As I drive but have a small car, but my parents have a VW transporter. ;)

JumpingJacks
20-04-2011, 05:08 PM
That's interesting to know. As I drive but have a small car, but my parents have a VW transporter. ;)

Minded children can't go alone they have to be with yourself or an assistant should have added that oops, but if you can all squeeze in then yep it's great to know. As they said it's no different to a taxi, other than you are probably more aware of the drivers driving skills :)