PDA

View Full Version : which??

mushpea
20-04-2011, 05:58 AM
make of hover do you all have and is it any good?

My hoover had died,, this is the 2nd one this year,, I go thorugh them like quickly because we use it every day,, I have 2 cats and a dog that are malting faster than i can groom them plus 8 mindees and 2 kids of my own plus my other half so it gets lots of use

so what hover is a good one to buy?

barbarella68
20-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Dyson absolutely brilliant. I have a Dyson DC33 stubborn I wouldn't be without it.

lou lou
20-04-2011, 06:03 AM
i was like that i think i went through 3 hoovers in a short space of time and i bought a henry and that was probably about five years ago and it is still going strong and when that one goes i will definately by another

mama2three
20-04-2011, 06:14 AM
I kill hoovers regularly too so am interested in replies - especially magic ones that
1. Dont get clogged up with very long hair
2. Work all by themselves!!

sarah707
20-04-2011, 06:20 AM
I have a dyson - the lightweight upright one. It's fab! :D

donnamarie2
20-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Our first dyson lasted 10 years we just had to replace the filters , when it died last year i was in tight mode and chose a vax instead because it was a lot cheaper and also in the sale .
It was the worst thing ever and only lasted a year i hated it , we now have a dyson multifloor dc33 and never realised how good my dyson was until i didn't have it , well worth the money.

The Juggler
20-04-2011, 06:35 AM
I have a Henry and love it. We have an old terraced house (the ones that go back and back longways :laughing: ) I can plug it in, in the kitchen out back and hoover right through the lounge and upstairs bedrooms without unplugging it.

also great suction power.:thumbsup: We bought it when we moved in 9 years ago and still going strong.

christine e
20-04-2011, 07:14 AM
I use to have dysons but now have a Henry and love it!

Cx

manjay
20-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Dyson for me! The guarantees are fab and the service we have had from them has been second to none when we had a minor problem. Mine is on its 6th year now:thumbsup:

Mollymop
20-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I want a Dyson, the new one Animal looks pretty good. So I am thinking of purchasing one of them very shortly.
My old hoover has just died so I am using a dustpan an dbrush everwhere:panic: and for someone who likes to hoover every day it's not fun!
ps - don't buy an Electrolux - I have had 2 in the past and they are all rubbish, don't suck well, shoot dust out everywhere, too noisey and break easily!!! grr!

karensmart4
20-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I have a Henry, I also live in one of those terrace houses and I just plug him in, in the hall and can hoover nearly all of 2 flights. I bought a second Henry to keep upstairs but my son 'borrowed' it about 10 years ago and I'm still waiting for him to bring it back :joker:

We do joke about Henry being shut in the cupboard and it nearly backfired because one of the parents almost called Ofsted when her son told her :ohdear:

If I didn't have Henry I think I would buy the new Dyson Light thats advertised at the moment....

The Juggler
20-04-2011, 07:59 AM
I have a Henry, I also live in one of those terrace houses and I just plug him in, in the hall and can hoover nearly all of 2 flights. I bought a second Henry to keep upstairs but my son 'borrowed' it about 10 years ago and I'm still waiting for him to bring it back :joker:

We do joke about Henry being shut in the cupboard and it nearly backfired because one of the parents almost called Ofsted when her son told her :ohdear:

If I didn't have Henry I think I would buy the new Dyson Light thats advertised at the moment....

me too or the dyson ball. I just worry about lifting it up the stairs - Henry's not so heavy.

AliceK
20-04-2011, 08:00 AM
We broke 2 hoovers in 2 days a couple of weeks ago :angry: . First was my beloved Henry, the next day we used the Electrolux and that broke too :eek: . Currently using a big industrial thing my OH has borrowed from work. Need to buy a new one but can't afford a Dyson, might get another Henry? I also so need to buy a carpet shamppooer (sp?)

xxxx

mushpea
20-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I must admit I do like the look of the dysons but they are so expensive and my partner wont let me have one cause everytime he goes to the dump there are lots of , we had a henry years ago and he was great, I am tempted to get another but I know I would forget to empty the bag which is what eventyaly killed our last one.

onceinabluemoon
20-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I have a Roomba robot vacuum cleaner, absolutely brill, it vacuumed my bedroom this morning while I was having breakfast. I also have a cheaper end electrolux which to be fair we haven't had any trouble with.

appleblossom
20-04-2011, 09:49 AM
i was like that i think i went through 3 hoovers in a short space of time and i bought a henry and that was probably about five years ago and it is still going strong and when that one goes i will definately by another

I love my Henry too. Very efficient, works brilliantly. Only about £99.00 too. I've had 2 dysons and despite their promise they did lose suction power after a while. Lots of shops, hotels and other businesses useHenrys, in my books that says a lot for them in terms of durability, efficiency and longevity. My have a toy one which the LOs love to use especially if I get "Big Henry" out to clear up their mess.

aunt sally
20-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I used to have a dyson which I thought was fab but when I needed to buy a new hoover I got the 'Henry extra'. It's great and I would replace it with the same if it ever went wrong. It's so light and easy to use especially under furniture, table and chairs etc.

mufftie
20-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I reluctantly bought a dyson last year as thought they were just over priced , but I'm now sold on dyson it's fab , I have the top of the range cylinder version the Motörhead and it's totally fab I've recently bought a hand held to match I'd never go back to another make again

nicoleon
20-04-2011, 11:33 AM
we've got a dyson and are happy with it too. it's coping with our dog & cat and my mud and dust covered hubby :thumbsup:

DH swears on Henrys though...

Michelle M
20-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I have a Hetty and its fab, I am a Hoover Killer as well :rolleyes: