PDA

View Full Version : double buggy

kriscross
19-04-2011, 08:15 PM
im currently waiting for my crb and first visit from ofsted.
ive been offered a double buggy for when i start my childminding but want advice from others should i purchase one or just not bother xxx

swindonminder
19-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi,

I would say a twin buggy is a must if you are going to take care of children under 5.

I am registered to have 3 under 5's and have 2 children aged 10 and 13 months starting with me next month. I wouldn't be able to get around if I didn't have one.

:)

kriscross
19-04-2011, 08:43 PM
thanks hun
looks like i should purchase it then it looks a really good model just was not sure weather to buy it now as in the sale or leave till get registration certifcate xxx

cs01
20-04-2011, 06:55 AM
I recently put out a thread to ask other minders about the best double buggy on the market. Most said the out n about 360 nipper so I went ahead and bought one (2nd hand) and I have to say it is absolutely fantastic!

I rushed into buying my 1st double and apart from the fact it is now broken, it was a nightmare to push with slightly older children. So what I am trying to say is don't rush into buying one just because you have been offered one (unless of course its a freebie in which case I would take it!).

newbie1512
20-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi

I'm in pre-reg and I bought one 3 weeks ago off a friend

kriscross
20-04-2011, 07:36 AM
well its a mclaren double buggy and only been used 3 times the lady does not need it she has offered it me for 50 pounds should i take it then ???????????

messyplay
20-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I like to have a proper handle not the umberella style as when you go up and down pavements it is easier, well for me it is

AliceK
20-04-2011, 08:24 AM
well its a mclaren double buggy and only been used 3 times the lady does not need it she has offered it me for 50 pounds should i take it then ???????????

Well if you're anything like me you'll end up with at least 3 / 4 different buggies anyway. The Maclaren would be good for folding up and getting in the car and sounds like a bargain for £50. Personally I don't like them but that's only because they affect my SPD so I've got a P&T and a Nipper 360 as doubles and a Mini City as a single. I've got rid of 3 or 4 others which I bought and then didn't get on with :blush:

xxxxxx

onceinabluemoon
20-04-2011, 08:31 AM

Depends on which maclaren it is hunny, macs have been out there for almost 40 years...

Check the elbows ( plastic bits where it bends), put weight in the seat, even just press down on it hard, and see if there's any give in the elbows. If there is don't touch it. Check the brakes and check how hard it is to push with two Children in.

Some macs, for example the twin techno and twin traveller are notoriously hard to push. Others such as the twin duette (older version) and the twin triumph are easier,

mufftie
20-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I have the nipper 360 and love it such hard wearing , had it 3 yrs now and it still looks new and I use it at least 3 times a week , definately a better investment than a maclaren
I also have the new phil & teds which is great as it's a single aswel but no wear near as easy to push or the quality of the nipper

cs01
20-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I had the maclaren double and it was ok with 2 babies in but a nightmare to push with children over the age of 2. Too heavy and hardwearing on my wrists up and down kerbs. You can't push it with one hand should you need to hold a lo's hand to cross a road etc. It doesn't even fold up that small come to think of it!