PDA

View Full Version : Am I being fair?

twinkle3005
19-04-2011, 11:30 AM
I've just had one of my parents text to ask about Good Friday. I said I'd work but it would be double fee's and if she doesn't need me then it's normal fee's, same for next Friday 29th. She's only been with me 6 weeks. It's in her contract she pays for her time off but not mine. Am I being fair asking for double for the public holidays? My other parents aren't bringing their little ones and are fine about paying. What's everyone else doing for the public hols regarding payments?

manjay
19-04-2011, 11:45 AM
What do your contracts say for bank holidays? I always state that I am available to work bank holidays. If they come it is double time and if they don't they pay as a normal day.

cherry
19-04-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm the same as Manjay

nicoleon
19-04-2011, 12:23 PM
i don't work bank hols so i don't charge. if you out double time in your contract there shouldn't be any probs, has she complained about it?

rickysmiths
19-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I have in my Contracts that I will work but I need 4 weeks notice. If I work its double time, triple for Christmas, Boxing day and New Years Day. If I'm not required ( I have only worked one BH in 17yrs!) and the BH falls on a contracted day they pay normal fee.:thumbsup:

cupcake22
19-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I dont work on bank holidays however I do charge as its a public holiday & most parens get paid anyway. It is always made clear to parents before they sign up.

Cupcake22

messyplay
19-04-2011, 12:42 PM
I dont work bank holidays and therefore dont charge.

Toothfairy
19-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't work BH's so I don't charge for them.

Splodge
19-04-2011, 01:11 PM
I am available to work on bank holidays and have worked the odd one before. All parents are aware when they sign up that i am willing to work and that i charge a normal day if they don't want me and double if i do work.

I am working the next two fridays but not the bank holiday mondays as nobody wants me.

The parent who wants me on the bank holiday fridays was so desperate for childcare she offered me triple fee, but i am charging what is in the contract.

Sarahbelle
19-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I dont work on bank holidays however I do charge as its a public holiday & most parens get paid anyway. It is always made clear to parents before they sign up.

Cupcake22

Same here:thumbsup:

georgie456
19-04-2011, 01:46 PM

Cupcake22

I do exactly the same.

onceinabluemoon
19-04-2011, 04:27 PM
If I am prepared to work on BH I charge double rate if worked and single rate if not worked. (Obviously only for those who have contracted days which fall on BHs)

I'f I'm not prepared to work I dont charge

Noomie
19-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I don't really want to work BH as my DH gets them off and it's nice time for us to spend it together. So I don't charge. One parent needs Mondays and is a nurse but she usually has it covered by someone. I would work it for time and a half if she was desperate.

mr man
19-04-2011, 09:12 PM
i dont work them and dont charge, one parent has insisted she is paying me even though i'm not working as she gets paid too. Shes lovely.

i may change my contracts from now on.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
20-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I dont work them so i dont charge for them however if a parent needs me to then i charge double