PDA

View Full Version : Dilema

donnamarie2
19-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Well after a slow start i'm at last having enquiries and have found myself in the position of a full car !!
But i have a dilema, i took on a child from a different school as they were absolutley stuck and i didn't have much work it is a bit of a rush and costs me a fortune in diesel .
I have 2 children wanting to start with me it's less hours but works out about the same as the other family after taking off money for fuel .
Im tempted to take them on but i can't as i wouldn't have space in my car so am thinking about giving notice but feeling a bit bad to be honest .
Although it's less money i would be able to walk to school and still have a space if not using car but feel maybe dropping at one school would be better.
Has anyone taken things on and realised it's not working out?

mufftie
19-04-2011, 07:39 AM
ive not given notice before for that reason, but i have taken on contracts out of desperation that maybee i shouldnt have ,
i probably would give notice and just say that its not viable for you to be using the car due to high costs now .

i did find i was turning a lot away due to not having a big enough car , so i went and bought a 12 seater , so now i never have a problem , maybe a new car could be a solution for you :idea:

donnamarie2
19-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi , Thanks for your replies i took on the child from another school because i only had 1 other child and they were desperate so i said i would give it a go and see how it went.
I would really like to get back to walking to school as it was just easier , i already have a 7 seater so don't really want anything bigger lol .
It's not that im trying to pack kids in and be greedy but because i have my own 3 children i can only have 3 minded children so need to try to be a bit savvy to actually earn any money.

donnamarie2
19-04-2011, 09:27 AM
ive not given notice before for that reason, but i have taken on contracts out of desperation that maybee i shouldnt have ,
i probably would give notice and just say that its not viable for you to be using the car due to high costs now .

i did find i was turning a lot away due to not having a big enough car , so i went and bought a 12 seater , so now i never have a problem , maybe a new car could be a solution for you :idea:

Ha ha don't think i could manage a 12 seater, don't mean to be thick is that a mini bus?

rickysmiths
19-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Well after a slow start i'm at last having enquiries and have found myself in the position of a full car !!
But i have a dilema, i took on a child from a different school as they were absolutley stuck and i didn't have much work it is a bit of a rush and costs me a fortune in diesel .
I have 2 children wanting to start with me it's less hours but works out about the same as the other family after taking off money for fuel .
Im tempted to take them on but i can't as i wouldn't have space in my car so am thinking about giving notice but feeling a bit bad to be honest .
Although it's less money i would be able to walk to school and still have a space if not using car but feel maybe dropping at one school would be better.
Has anyone taken things on and realised it's not working out?

I have found myself in this situation but when I took the child on I did explain I was stepping out of my box and we would have to see how it went. Then I got more children at my local school where I could walk. I found a couple of cms that could take the child I wanted to give notice to and so when I spoke to mum I was able to give he alternative carers so it helped her and I didn't feel so bad giving notice.

little chickee
19-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Whatever has a link to a furniture store got to do with the original posters question? I think you may have missed the point of her post as well.

I was a bit confoozled by that too!!

Pauline
30-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I was a bit confoozled by that too!!

We had a spammer in our midst! :(

If you ever see someone posting links that seem strange or irrelevant, especially when hidden behind normal text, please let me or a mod know :thumbsup: