PDA

View Full Version : confused .com

Gracie's mamma
18-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi , i have just joined tonight and need help on lots of things but firstly could some body help me with this one :
Should my parents sign in and out weekly on the attendance register the exact time of drop off and pick up, but then do i charge them if they are dropping off later than the contracted time ??
Does that make any sense?:panic:

Minstrel
18-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Hello and Welcome!

I'm always the one who fills out the attendence register and i do so to the minute. Just get parent to sign it at the end of the week.

I do charge if they drop off early or collect late and it's a half hour minimum charge (ie i round up to the next half hour).

Hope this helps!

Gracie's mamma
18-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Agh , so your saying my invoice won't match up with the attendance records , but thats ok ??:jump for joy:

onceinabluemoon
19-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Your attendance record should say the exact time child arrives and goes, never round it up to the next five minutes etc (Ofsted very hot on this!) I don't ask parents to sign as this is not a legal requirement but a lot of minders do (I guess this would protect you if there was ever a dispute about hours)

WRT invoices, I do the same as Minstrel except I charge by the 15 minutes or part thereof if they are late but am thinking about having an early drop off charge too as this is becoming a pain in the neck...