PDA

View Full Version : Fun/kiddy looking sheets for planning etc.

vix84
18-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi there, I came accross some lovely cute observation sheets - the copywrite says sonia - of teddies, trains etc. I think in the free downloads. It got me thinking, all my sheets are so formal looking and just makes the learning journals look a bit dull. But my obs. sheets are so handy and practical as they have the learning area's broken down with tick boxes of what has been met.
But I wondered if anyone had any fun planning sheets like the teddies etc? Just to make the learning journals a bit more eye catching and a nice keepsake. Also any routine sheets, all about me likes/interests etc. Or maybe something like that to go in my activity folder of what certain activities promote and how to extend them? Im rubbish at designing things like that on computer!

sarah707
18-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I have sheets which are illustrated for sale on my website... the children love using them. They colour them in sometimes and choose which ones they want me to use. It really helps them to take ownership of their LJs.

To do something similar you could download cute clip art and put it into documents. Just re-size it and stick it in the top / bottom corner so the text runs around it.

If you copy your document onto a new sheet and have a play then nothing is lost if it doesn't work!

Hth :D

miffy
18-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I just use photos and the children's art work to brighten up their LJ's - I'm not very good on the computer either.

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
19-04-2011, 08:02 AM
I use lots of different things to brighten up the LJs - various stickers (depending on what's been covered), pictures/paintings etc that the children have done. There was a thing a while ago re: St Georges Day where you could print the kids names letter by letter with a cartoon pic of St George, so that's in there too. If you're not too great on the computer, stickers and old-fashioned cutting & pasting work a treat :) I'm always on the computer trying out new things - have a play around, you may surprise yourself :clapping:

vix84
19-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone, will have a look for clip art :)