PDA

View Full Version : Fire safety guidance booklet???

smithya85
26-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Help!!!!

Has anyone received the care commission's fire safety guidance for childminders booklet? I am completely baffled!! If anyone else has completed this can they msg me with some help please? Thanks,
:(

Amy

Tickles
26-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi, dont think they are sending them out, but i downloaded it from their website when i received the letter a few weeks ago

hope that helps you

Joanne

miffy
26-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Can you post a link Joanne

I don't think there is anything like that on Ofsted's website and it might give some information we could all use

Thanks
miffy xx

Tickles
26-04-2008, 06:19 PM
How do i post a link? quite new to the forum & not sure how to do it

Tickles
26-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Dont know how to post link but if you go onto carecommission.com & then type in fire guidence in the search box, click on fire precautions in domestic childminding prremises, then click on the blue highlighted Guidence,
you will be able to download it & save to your pc

Hope that helps:jump for joy:

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks Joanne

To post a link you just type in the full website address and the computer sorts it out as a link

www.carecommission.com

miffy xx

smithya85
26-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi again,

I received mine with my application form. I have to fill out the fire safety checklist and a fire safety risk assessment and send these to the nearest fire officer and then sign a form to say ive done so which goes with my application to care commision. The form has a column for risk, one for severety of risk and a column for action this is fine except some of the risks in the first column are: pets, glass, medicine......... how can these be a fire risk?! Unless my dog spontaneously combusts?! Am I just not getting it?! :blush:

Also the checklist (which has to be sent away before application remember) has mains fire alarms, fire extinguishers etc on it but I was told not to pay for all this till I know if I'll get registered or not. Think I'll have to phone fireman sam on monday! :(

Amy

Tickles
27-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi, i know it may be different now, but when i was going through the registration process, the fire brigrade visited me a month or 2 before my registration inspection & checked out my home.
They then told me what i had to have / install & i had to have this in place before the care commission came out.
This included mains detectors & fire blanket etc

Joanne