PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who had conservatories built...

Bitsy Beans
18-04-2011, 04:29 PM
......whilst childminding?

OK we're biting the bullet and going for a conservatory to use as a play room and reclaim the rest of the living space :cool:

So how many of you have had one built whilst you were minding?

Did you close whilst it was built (potentially 3 weeks so not really an option) or did you just continue as normal and made allowances for the work going on in the garden etc.

Do I need to inform Ofsted that I am having one built?

blue bear
18-04-2011, 04:59 PM
You need to let ofsted know and how you will risk assess whilst it is happening. Eg going to park instead of being in garden. Where tools are out, will builders cone in for toilet etc nit leaving children unsupervised with builders ghat sort of thing.

My fil built mine in a week so just took the time off

mushpea
18-04-2011, 05:02 PM
I carried on working when we had ours built but declared the garden out of bounds,, the workmen didnt have access to the inside of the house and each day I left them a kettle, cups, tea bags , biscuits etc in a box for them to have their tea breaks to save me taking stuff out to them.
I risked assesed the building work then sent this to ofsted explaining that as my garden was out of bounds we would be going for walks and using the local park for outdoor play, then when it was finished I risked asses the garden and conservatory and sent this to ofsted,, they were happy with this and didnt come out and inspect it.

Bitsy Beans
19-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Fortunately for the most part of the week I only work after school so mindees time around building work would be limited and I have local green space a minutes walk away so time outside is fairly simple albeit without any garden toys ;)
Only downside is I don't have a downstairs loo but hopefully the blokes can fit their toilet breaks in to school hours :laughing: