PDA

View Full Version : sandwich filling ideas please!!

sophiestars
17-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi I have become stuck in a bit of a rut with ideas for sandwich fillings at lunchtime. I have a very fussy 7 year old who will only eat ham, jam or tuna and sweetcorn in his sandwich.
My 4 year old and my 3 mindees (3,2 and 2 1/2) are not quite so fussy but I seem to be stuck in a rotation of cheese, cream cheese, ham or tuna. I have done wraps and bagels as a variation on bread but need some inspiration for fillings - HELP!!

mushpea
18-04-2011, 05:59 AM
hello I too have a fussy 3yrold mindee but the last couple of months I have been giving them all a choice of fillings, normaly a choice of 3 things one of them being somthing I know she will eat,, she started of just choosing the stuff she likes but then she started asking the others if theirs was nice and slowly she has started making diffferent choices and eating them,, each time she asked the others if they liked their sandwichs I would offer her a small peice of what they had which she happily tried,
we have on offer tuna,, ham, cheese, jam, marmite, turkey meat, sage and onion turky meat, chicken, pork loin, billy bear, egg, then the pots of fillings you get ready made- chicken and stuffing and corination chicken.
somtimes we will have sausage roll instead of the sandwich

onceinabluemoon
18-04-2011, 06:25 AM
egg, cucumber, salad, chicken, chicken with mayo/tikka sauce, turkey, sliced beef, quorn, bacon, ham and cheese, marmite, jam, sandwich spread, fish paste, meat paste, paté, cheese and marmite, dairylea,

or how about

wraps (tortilla wraps)
pitta bread with fillings
sausage rolls
cheese rolls
bread rolls
french bread
bread sticks and dips
cold pizza

Alibali
18-04-2011, 05:56 PM
if he likes tuna, then how about trying salmon? my lot loved poached salmon in theirs:thumbsup:

loocyloo
18-04-2011, 06:00 PM
i had a LO who loved peanut butter and grated carrot!

and another who ate marmite & honey

and another who wanted fromage frais in hers! ...eventually i called her bluff ... she ate them!:rolleyes: and asked for them every day!

x

Spangles
18-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Just want to say I fully sympathise! My son is a right picky little man and I find it really hard too - not to mention he won't touch crusts for some odd reason!

sweets
18-04-2011, 06:53 PM
i would stick with what he likes! lol.

ham and tuna and sweetcorn are ok, sometimes its not worth rocking the boat!

beckyteddy
18-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Current favourites in my house are:

boiled egg mixed with mayo and slices of cucumber
pepperoni and cucumber ..... they pinched slices that were destined for our pizza and decided they quite like it cold!
cheese and sweetcorn with mayonaise
ham, dairylea, marmite and cucumber (my husband invented this one..it actual tastes really nice!)

miffy
18-04-2011, 08:46 PM
i would stick with what he likes! lol.

ham and tuna and sweetcorn are ok, sometimes its not worth rocking the boat!

I agree, they're healthy options and it makes shopping easy! :D

Miffy xx

yvonne
21-04-2011, 07:03 PM
This is absolutely delish
Grated carrot, grated onion, grated cheese and mayo Yum Yum