PDA

View Full Version : TOO LATE IN THE DAY FOR MY BRAIN - PLEASE HELP!!!!

mummyme
17-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

Please help, Im getting brainache!:(

I have just (literally) had a phonecall from a lady that I met on my school run who needs childcare for her 5 and 8 year old from Thursday! :eek:

Im new to all this and sometimes find it hard to get my head around numbers :blush:

I am allowed to have 2 under 5's (not including my own DS who is 4 so with him I can have 3) and I can have 5 children in total under 8.

I already have a 17 month old and am holding a place for a 2 year old who starts mid July. I can clearly see that with the new 5 year old I would be over my numbers but I was told that once my DS starts school in September this year, he would be rising 5 so he would be taken off my numbers so I could have 3 under five plus him = 4. So, my confusion is (so sorry about this :blush: ) that the new 5 year old is already at school. I know that I would have to do all the EYFS for him until 31st August, but would he be classed as an under 5 still meaning that i won't be able to take him on????

I don't need such stresses on a Sunday evening when I am enjoying my Easter holidays!:p

I really would apreciate any help.

tashaleee
17-04-2011, 08:28 PM
If im reading this right then you would currently have:

1 x your DS
1 x 17month old
1 x 2 year old

If the 5 year old is already in full time school then they would not count in this number so you would also then be allowed 3 children in the 5-8 category so you would have

1 x 5 year old
2 x spaces (until Sept when your DS would take one of these)

The 8 year old only counts for insurance purposes

In September you would then have a full time space for an under 5 and your son would move into the 5-8 category (provided you are registered for a total of 6 children - which would be the 5 plus your DS)

HTH

Zoomie
17-04-2011, 08:29 PM
To me it sounds okay:

Under 5's you can have:

(your DS)
17m
2y

then over 5s you can have
5y old
another mindee
another mindee

then over 8s you can have
8y old

FussyElmo
17-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi all,

Please help, Im getting brainache!:(

I have just (literally) had a phonecall from a lady that I met on my school run who needs childcare for her 5 and 8 year old from Thursday! :eek:

Im new to all this and sometimes find it hard to get my head around numbers :blush:

I am allowed to have 2 under 5's (not including my own DS who is 4 so with him I can have 3) and I can have 5 children in total under 8.

I already have a 17 month old and am holding a place for a 2 year old who starts mid July. I can clearly see that with the new 5 year old I would be over my numbers but I was told that once my DS starts school in September this year, he would be rising 5 so he would be taken off my numbers so I could have 3 under five plus him = 4. So, my confusion is (so sorry about this :blush: ) that the new 5 year old is already at school. I know that I would have to do all the EYFS for him until 31st August, but would he be classed as an under 5 still meaning that i won't be able to take him on????

I don't need such stresses on a Sunday evening when I am enjoying my Easter holidays!:p

I really would apreciate any help.

You are fine with your numbers :) The 5yo isnt included in your under 5's

Dont forget you will have to apply to ofsted for your certificate to be changed in sept to move your child up as a rising 5 :thumbsup:

mummyme
17-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks both. Is it ok to count the 5 year old as over 5 before 31st August though, its that bit that has really got me! Thanks so much for your replies x

miffy
17-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks both. Is it ok to count the 5 year old as over 5 before 31st August though, its that bit that has really got me! Thanks so much for your replies x

Yes, you're getting confused with when the EYFS finishes for this child (31st August after 5th birthday)

Children who are 4 and 5 years old in full time education count as 5 to 8 yo in your registered numbers - you need to apply to Ofsted to have this put on your certificate (you only need to do this the first time it happens, after that it just stays on there)

HTH's and hasn't confused you even more:panic:

Miffy xx

mummyme
17-04-2011, 09:32 PM
im clear now. Thanks for clarifying. I may well sleep now! :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2011, 08:43 AM
The EYFS of 5 until 31st August relates to the EY register and not ratio's. Once they go to school for 10 sessions a week (full time) then they are in your 5-8 ratio numbers. You do need this marked on your certificate

cuddlybunny38
18-04-2011, 03:49 PM
How soon do you have to notify ofsted for a rising five?, one of mine is four in august but starts full time school in sep (no longer have a jan intake where I live). Is doing it now to early? Also would he still be classed as over in the school holidays? also trying to get my head round it x