PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was prepared.......

newbie1512
17-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi

I have my first mum coming to see me on Tuesday so I am spending this lovely sunny day glued to my laptop realising that I am not as ready as I thought.
If anybody can answer these questions I would be very grateful:

1. Do you charge more for school holidays? I have stated that I charge time and a half for BH's

2. Am I wrong not to charge for snacks and lunch?

3. settling in, I have stated that I do 2 2 hours free, should the settling in only start once the contract is signed?

4. I have my p&p's done, should I give them to mum to take away, or just the welcome book and send p&p's, permission form ect when contract is signed?

5. Does anybody know where to get a development grid from? I have thought of doing my own but honestly I cant be bothered at the mo

Phew that it, I think :)

Hope somebody can help :)

FussyElmo
17-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi

I have my first mum coming to see me on Tuesday so I am spending this lovely sunny day glued to my laptop realising that I am not as ready as I thought.

1. Do you charge more for school holidays? I have stated that I charge time and a half for BH's Same price for holidays you just increase your fees if you have before and after schoolies coming for full days

2. Am I wrong not to charge for snacks and lunch?I dont charge but some people do and some dont I cover it in my fee

3. settling in, I have stated that I do 2 2 hours free, should the settling in only start once the contract is signed? Depends on when your contract is due to start but I dont do settling in unless contract is signed

4. I have my p&p's done, should I give them to mum to take away, or just the welcome book and send p&p's, permission form ect when contract is signed?I dont give parents anything until the contract is signed

5. Does anybody know where to get a development grid from? I have thought of doing my own but honestly I cant be bothered at the moShould be one in the forum downloads

Phew that it, I think :)

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Zoomie
17-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi

1. Do you charge more for school holidays? I have stated that I charge time and a half for BH's. My hourly rate says the same, but there are obviously more hours in the holidays than during term time. Some minders charge a session rate for before school / after school or even a whole morning / afternoon or day. Really up to you, but check what is the norm in your area,

2. Am I wrong not to charge for snacks and lunch? Mine are included in my fee. Gets too complicated added for meals, when sometimes they aren't there or they donn't like the food or whatever.

3. settling in, I have stated that I do 2 2 hours free, should the settling in only start once the contract is signed? Yes try to do this. Many minders say that their insurance isn't valid till you have signed contract but strictly speaking as long as you have all essential info about child, you should be fine.

4. I have my p&p's done, should I give them to mum to take away, or just the welcome book and send p&p's, permission form ect when contract is signed? I have P&P's available for parents to look at, but only give a copy / go through them properly when we sign contracts.5.

Does anybody know where to get a development grid from? I have thought of doing my own but honestly I cant be bothered at the mo. On the free download section, ( i think)Phew that it, I think :)

Have put my answers in red above, so HTHs

newbie1512
17-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you sooooo much for your replies :) :)