PDA

View Full Version : course free for some??

larlinlisa
17-04-2011, 01:03 PM
hello does anyone know why the course is free to some people but not others?? Im in essex and have been advised that I have to pay for mine £190? but others get it free any ideas??

I know this might sound an odd questions but paying for this is setting me back more and more :blush: :mad:

snufflepuff
17-04-2011, 02:01 PM
It depends on your area. Nothing is free in my area, we have to pay for everything. Some areas have funding to allow courses to be offered for free. Everything has been cut though so less and less people will get freebies.

newbie1512
17-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I did mine back in Nov and mine was free but now I believe its not. Here it is because the funding has been cut. I still have a few things to do but I have to pay for it all now, what a wonderful government we have.... NOT:angry:

tulip0803
17-04-2011, 02:18 PM
It has always been a mish-mash across the country with some Local Autorities funding courses and others not.

As all councils have les money to spend this year their will be even more that are no longer funding courses or start-up grants.

When you start minding you can put through all costs for setting up including courses, travel, doctors form fees, items that you buy like toys, pushchairs etc as START UP COSTS in your accounts. Any loss you make in the first years can be carried against any profit you make for subsequent years. IYSWIM

caz3007
17-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Down here is Sussex we have to pay £40 per year to be able to access training, but the first aid is on top of that, about £90. I dont know about the initial courses, but sure if we have to pay for ours, then they must have to be paid for too

larlinlisa
17-04-2011, 04:34 PM
thank you all, I feel better knowing that I havent missed something and that I am not doing something wrong lol

thank you and lets get started