PDA

View Full Version : Starting school, LJs etc

onceinabluemoon
17-04-2011, 07:47 AM
I've got a LO leaving me in July to go to school and just coming back for mornings before school (TT only)

Do I keep hold of his LJ until he reaches Aug after 5th birthday or give it to mum when he leaves in July?

I am due to be inspected again in March so need to get it spot on. I also wont have any LOs in preschool once this one leaves so need to keep up that contact thing and the local school are not good at doing it.

Also... What do you give the school when a child moves up? This child has been with me for over a year and there is something just not quite 'right'. I'm a little bit concerned and don't want him to slip under the radar if he needs help.

Sorry, so many questions on a Sunday morning when we should all be relaxing!

miffy
17-04-2011, 07:54 AM
I keep hold of the learning journey as you still need to continue with EYFS until 31 August following 5th birthday.

I get parent's written permission to discuss the child's learning and development with the school and, as long as parent agrees, I'll share the last summary sheet (under the six areas) that I completed about the child with the schoool and details of what I'm working on next with the child.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
17-04-2011, 08:28 AM
i kept mine to end of EYFS. i sent them to parents when they had nursery/home visits and gave to nursery at this time of year so they could use the info for their assessment and report for the reception teachers. Last year I did a report for the nursery to hand to the reception teachers.