PDA

View Full Version : Why do parents Fib??

acorns
16-04-2011, 06:00 PM
:( I recently had a vacancy and had parent round for a visit. They said there and then they were happy and just need to sort some details out with employer for days & hours. we all got on well & I liked them, & liked the lo too, gave them all my info to read etc. Then heard nothing... I got in touch 2 weeks later to ask if they wanted the space to be told she needed full time & was going to a nursery. I went back and gave her a couple of options, heard nothing and left it at that. I've since found out that she went to another local minder, part time. That's fine, but why can't people just say so :( It really irritates me that after being led up the garden path she didn't have the decency to be honest & I feel a fool for believing them!

charlie potato
16-04-2011, 06:07 PM
It really rattles me too. It doesnt just happen with childminding. Ppl make up excuses and i'd just rather be told the truth. I'd have much more respect for them. xx:rolleyes:

onceinabluemoon
17-04-2011, 07:39 AM
I'd rather be told the truth too, in all things not just minding, lol

The truth sometimes hurts but at least you know where you are with things.

If somebody tells me they're going to see somebody else or have to discuss hours etc I shake their hands tell them it was a pleasure to meet them and their LO and as soon as they're out of the door forget they exist, because it's always the ones that do that you never hear from again. That way I dont have the stress of chasing them up and if they do get back in touch it's always a pleasant surprise :)

miffy
17-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I think sometimes they just can't be bothered to get back in touch or they don't want to in case there's any hassle :rolleyes:

Either way it's very rude. I just tell parents now that if I haven't heard from them by a certain date then I'll assume they don't want the place - I find that much easier.

Miffy xx