PDA

View Full Version : Positive Contribution Help pleeeeeeaase?

lou246
16-04-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm really stuck on this question on the SEF. I only have a nine month old baby who I have been minding for about a month. I'm so confused on what to write, I don't seem to have anything to write at all. I can't answer any of the questions on the ofsted guidence plus I have Sarahs e-book in front of me and I'm still stuck :blush: :blush: :blush:

If anyone can help I'd be really really grateful!

xxx

sarah707
16-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I am not sure what I can advise you that isn't in the pages and pages I wrote for the e-book! :laughing:

Making a positive contribution is one of the hardest to answer I think because if you have small children it's difficult to see how you are supporting them... but you are!!

Every time you listen to their views - even if they are pre-speech they still tell you what they are thinking... when you take them on outings... when you help them make choices... then they learning how to make a positive contribution.

So why not talk about an outing you regularly go on with baby?

Or you could talk about how you make sure baby is included in family life by telling a story about a time when you changed plans to make sure baby could sleep / eat in his normal routine rather than making him wait.

I find people often over-think the question... just find something from your practice that you are proud of that shows you are being inclusive.

hth :D

lou246
21-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Thank you Sarah!

I think I spent too much time staring at my computer!
I'm almost done thank god and thanks to you :)