15-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for reading!

I only started minding on 1sr March this year and am having the easter holiday children free!!!:jump for joy: (Apart from my own DS that is!). I look after a 17 month old three days a week (term time only) and a 6 and 8 year old every day after school (term time only at the moment). I have done all the necessary paperwork for them (I hope! :panic: ) but have a full time 2 year old starting 11th July (also term time only :) ) and want to do some extrra bits this time. SO, I would like to do a more professional parent pack and was wondering what we should put in it. I had thought the following so far:

Bit about me
Contact details
House rules
Details of activities we will be doing
Groups we attend
Long Term Planning Sheet????

Would it also be right to put in the Requirements for the 'childcare register: childminders and home childcarers' Ofsted sheet that we are given and also the 'Requirements of the Early Years Register' Ofsted sheet that we are given.

Sorry for the waffling! Any help would be really appreciated.

15-04-2011, 07:12 PM
we are legally required to inform parents of children on the childcare register about the childcare register... but not Eyfs parents.

However for Eyfs parents a leaflet about the Eyfs would be a very good idea.

Then just work through the Eyfs statutory requirements and mention everything it says you must like routines, complaints, safeguarding etc.

Hth :D

16-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks so much Sarah x