PDA

View Full Version : those of you who are having a royal wedding tea party...

mushpea
15-04-2011, 04:17 PM
what sort of things will you have to eat and what sort of things will you do to make it seem like a tea party?
I'm after some ideas:D

onceinabluemoon
15-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I suppose you could have cucumber sandwiches, petits fours (or whatever they're called).

I have to work, have a 3 year old and a 10 month old and will probably just have a normal day tbh

Hope you have fun though, you could always have floaty sunhats and pretty dresses (for the girls!) and smart clothes for the boys etc.

kel1983
15-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I got the day off :clapping:

Going to the horse races followed by Take That tribute act as we cant wait for the real thing in July.

But have a good day all those that are working. A tea party is a lovely idea. Perhaps cucumber sandwiches and fairy cakes

miffy
15-04-2011, 08:31 PM
If the weather's nice you could make it afternoon tea in the garden - put some nice tablecloths on the table, cut sandwiches into triangles (no crusts), make some small cakes with fancy icing and serve on cake stands; dress up in party clothes.

Have fun!

Miffy xx

mushpea
16-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Im not working on the friday but thought we could have an early celbration party on the thursday after school as we will be making crowns and bunting in the week.

miss mopple
16-04-2011, 06:59 AM
We have arranged to meet other Minders at a local beauty spot where we will set up a gazebo with bunting, have kids in princess dresses and crowns for a picnic,play pin the tail on the Corgi and make our own flags and decorate our own paper royal plates

Monkey1
16-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Pin the tail on the corgi.......love it!:laughing:

lilmissb
16-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi
We're having a royal wedding tea party with our teddy's ! We're doing it the day before as im not working on the friday.

We have made invites for our teddy's this week :laughing:
We are decorating buntin as an activity the day before and then baking cakes in the morning for our afternoon tea party!
I've collected some bits and bobs to make a tiered wedding cake (junk modelling and painting) as a joint activity after our food, and we have some pictures of william and cate to colour in. We're also making crowns for us and our teddy's to wear to the party !

I didnt really know what to do but wanted to do something so hope the kids enjoy it

Mrs Pootle
16-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm not working, but I am having a party with my family. :thumbsup: We are all going to wear our best dresses / shirts and add loads of costume jewellery. We are going to adapt our Easter bonnets (made this week) into feathery wedding creations.
Food wise I am just doing sandwiches, sausage rolls, buns etc, but will give them all a regal sounding name. eg a Balmoral roll, or a Sandring-ham sandwich :laughing:
The bunting will be up, I have union flag balloons, and I'm hoping for a fabulous royal occaion. My dd's can't wait, the idea of someone marrying a prince is just perfect in their eyes. :)

charlie potato
16-04-2011, 08:24 PM
we're having a joint party with our neighbours next door and also across the road. Quite looking forward to it. At the moment no mindees are here on that day...... xx

Donkey
16-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I am working...

but I am loving the ideas on here... might have to steal them!