PDA

View Full Version : National Standard 1 worries

monicandave
15-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi - I am just starting the process of becoming registered and have been looking at the standards. There is something in the first one that I am not sure about.

"childminders and assistants are suitable, both mentally and physically, to care for children"

I am being treated for depression and have done for years. It has never caused me to miss work even when I was at my worst. Is this something that could keep me from being registered?

marlee1986
16-04-2011, 12:11 AM
hi, i personally dont know so maybe some one with experaice will give you a better answer.

but when you get your forms from ofsted you will get a health decloration form that you take to your doctors to fill in, there maybe a charge for this they can charge between £5 and £130, maybe for you it would be best to book an appointment with your doctor and take the forms in and discuss it with them.

if youve never missed work from depression, the doctor says your mentally fit to work i cant se there being a problem.

or you could give ofsted a call n see what they say. hth xx :) :)

monicandave
16-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks for that. :) I will give them a call on Monday just to see what they say.