PDA

View Full Version : aaaahhhhh sometimes i wonder why i bother

foxy lady
15-04-2011, 08:12 AM
last week with half term coming up I went out and got some new crayons for the children so they had nice new crayons for half term, i got them from the pound shop 2 boxes so only £1.99 anyway i went out to make some toast for the children this morning. while I was in the kitchen which is joined to the playroom my 2 mindees who are 5 and 4 years old siblings broke every single crayon in small pieces about 1cm in size. Im so mad why would they do that its just so annoying. they all need to go in the bin now its not even the money because they didnt cost much, its just annoying.:angry:

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes children seem to enjoy breaking crayons I have no idea why :laughing:

We still use them to be honest

Angel xx

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I have a box full of broken pieces, easier to hold in my view.

sarah707
15-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Here's what we do with broken crayons -

Get them to break the crayons into smaller pieces - we use a pencil sharpener...

Lay them in patterns on thick(ish) paper or thin card...

When they are happy with the patterns fold the card over the top and iron it on a gentle heat so the crayons melt...

It makes lovely pictures!

Alternatively look up instructions online for how to melt bits of crayon down into new ones!

And go and have a cup of tea xx

birch24
15-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Dont put them in the in bin try this:D

http://www.graciousrain.com/2009/08/24/confetti-crayons/

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Dont put them in the in bin try this:D

http://www.graciousrain.com/2009/08/24/confetti-crayons/

Thank you I am going to do that now its a great idea

Look almost good enough to eat though ha ha

Angel xx

rickysmiths
15-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Great ideas I'll try them on the older ones when they come back after the Easter Holidays.

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Great ideas I'll try them on the older ones when they come back after the Easter Holidays.

That sounded like you were going to melt the kids ha ha

:laughing:

Angel xx

onceinabluemoon
15-04-2011, 06:30 PM
OOh I like them, wonder if the kiddies will use them though? Mine break crayons up too and it drives me bonkers! Mind you some of mine just break toys full stop :(

The Juggler
15-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Personally I would keep them. buy new ones for the other children and make this pair use the broken ones only :angry: :angry:

However, liking the art idea sarah :thumbsup:

mushpea
15-04-2011, 06:44 PM
I too wouldnt let the children that broke the crayons neither take part in the melting activity or use new crayons,, I used to let the children have felts but they would draw on anything and everything so they are now reduced to crayons and pencils,,
I am fed up with children breaking toys and I have stopped replacing broken toys ,, they seem to be learning because 2 prams have been broken and not replaced and they get the hump over sharing the last one and I keep reminding them that its there fault cause they broke the other 2,, this last month less things have been broken

miffy
15-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Personally I would keep them. buy new ones for the other children and make this pair use the broken ones only :angry: :angry:

Me too!

I like the confetti crayons though so might just be tempted to make them!

Miffy xx