PDA

View Full Version : Rude parent replying to advert

Minstrel
15-04-2011, 07:53 AM
I have an ad on netmums and i contacted someone back in Feb who needed an April start. I had a vacancy from after Easter onwards so asked her what start date she needed and advised her that i had a vacancy from then on if she would like to contact me and left my number.

Never heard anything back at the time but yestreday i got a reply back on netmums saying 'I need a pickup at XX nursery every day, are you still gonna do it?'

I replied saying that unfortunately i no longer had a vacancy and wished her success in finding childcare.

This morning i get a reply saying i am 'out of order' for saying i could do it then changing my mind and not letting her know because she was 'counting on me'.

Her last contact with me was 10 WEEKS ago and she gave no details!!!! She also had my phone number. Would you dignify this with a response or just leave it?

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Lol don't you love netmums

Professionally I suppose you should ignore it.
But personally I would write a reply lol using really long and posh words just to confuse and addle her brain.

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:16 AM
That is very annoying

I would feel like replying but I think I would just leave it

Some people though - honestly

Angel xx

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:17 AM
There again I would feel like saying oh yes I have the vacancy now so do you realise you owe me 10 weeks money for keeping the place open for you ??

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

donnamarie2
15-04-2011, 08:18 AM
I have had this from netmums and just ignored it .

Chimps Childminding
15-04-2011, 08:20 AM
There again I would feel like saying oh yes I have the vacancy now so do you realise you owe me 10 weeks money for keeping the place open for you ??

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry I would have to reply!! Just that unfortunately thats not the way childminding works and that if she needed you she should have got in touch so you could meet up, sort out contracts etc etc

breezy
15-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I would reply along the lines of " I'm very sorry but having had no contact from you for 10 weeks I presumed you werent interested in the place as you gave no further details and nothing was finalised and no contracts signed. "

birch24
15-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Her childcare plans have probably fallen through and she is pannicking. It is so annoying I had that last year 2 parents visited me about 2 weeks apart. The second parent said there and then that she wanted me. When I let the first know that I know longer had a space she went ballistic!! Cying hysterically etc. I said but you didn't say you even wanted me I am only letting you know out of politeness! She said you should have given me the option as I saw you first!!:laughing:
Yeah Right!! Thats not how it works I am afraid. Do nurserys say to people sorry I have to keep 3 spaces available as 3 parents visited last week and MIGHT want the place:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Of course they do so why are childminders so mean and take the first person who accepts the place tut tut naughty childminders.:)

onceinabluemoon
15-04-2011, 06:32 PM
I would ignore it... No good can come of getting antsy with her

The Juggler
15-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Lol don't you love netmums

Professionally I suppose you should ignore it.
But personally I would write a reply lol using really long and posh words just to confuse and addle her brain.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: me too:p