PDA

View Full Version : Before and after school kids

cwilcox19
25-04-2008, 06:16 PM
:rolleyes: Help! just taken on 3 boys aged 6, 9 and 10 for before and after school and all school hols!! mainly used to having tots so can anyone guide me as to what sort of activites I could do with them and also what I need to buy. I have many ideas but would like some advice from someone that already does this sort of thing. Many Thanks x

mumtodaniel
25-04-2008, 06:38 PM
it is an expensive option but a wii is very handy with my after schoolies. We had one anyway, but just a thought.

Mine also like building lego, again I have lots and just bought some extra boards today.

Of course if they are sporty, you could get extra things for the garden.

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I dont do much with the before and after schoolers

In the morning we are having breakfast then they go and chill - just sit and watch tv or read - some of them play - jigsaws - colouring - they do their own thing really

After school is much the same we have tea etc and we dont do much although we do if we have time do a few crafts or cooking but not every day
They like to chill out after a hard day at school

I would not worry to much

Angel xxx

avril
25-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I have twins 6yr old boys who are very sporty, I bought a sponge ball that could be used in the hall, they enjoy jigsaws, crafts, books and even cooking - cakes, cookies etc...
Best option is talk to the children see what they enjoy doing and go from there.

Avril x:)

flora
25-04-2008, 07:25 PM
My " lot " range from 11 down to 2/ After schoolers do like to chill and watch Tv. They also like the sandpit, football, the trampoline, Wii, craft stuff, lego, cars, science experiements volcanoe etc,

I suppose, they like allsorts really, not that difffernt from the 2yr old, just more complex ideas.

As said, talk to them and see what they like to do.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Lou
25-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree talk to them to find out what they like.

But dont get too hung up on organised activities, as has been said they can e tired after a day at school and sometimes just like to chill.x

Twinkles
25-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I have to say the trampoline has been the best thing I've ever bought.
They play on it for hours. When the weather isn't good I too have a wii and they can watch tv.

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Twinkles I agree !00% my trampoline is most def my best buy ever

The kids love it come rain or shine

Angel xx