PDA

View Full Version : i'm cross

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Last week i had to chase up a parent for payment.
This week i said to her wednesday that money had to go into my account by Thiursday as I had direct debits coming out,On Thursday I sent her a reminder text too just to make double sure she wouldn't forget.
Well i have just checked my account this morning and NO MONEY.
I am so cross as now i have to wait till Tuesday for some money when my child benefit goes in, as all the other money that was in the account will go to the direct debits.
Fun weekend my family are going to have.

sarah707
15-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Ring her this morning and ask for cash NOW.

Hugs x

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 06:52 AM
I would also call her

I would not text

This is YOUR money and you need it - its not good enough

You are going to have to get tough

Do you charge her for late payments ?

Angel xx

charleyfarley
15-04-2011, 07:13 AM
I really hate doing things by text as you never know if they have received it, can you tell my phone is playing up.

I would phone and speak to parent directly and ask her for your money :thumbsup: Also remind her of late fees which will be added to her invoice if she doesn't pay on time in future.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
15-04-2011, 07:17 AM
What Sarah says!

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 07:27 AM
How early is too early to phone LOL LOL
I do have a late payment charge and will be applying it.

I am just getting so disheartened, I have been minding for 6 years and out of the 6 families I have had only 3 have them have been decent payers and not caused me any problems.

I have stated to all when they sign contracts that I am running a business and expect payments and contracts adhered to.

breezy
15-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Its Never too early to phone, remember, they're in the wrong not you. PHONE NOW !!!!!

Mollymop
15-04-2011, 07:35 AM
As Sarah says, ask for cash, phone her. Don't feel bad for asking wither as it's your money.
Hope you get your money today, let us know how you get on x

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 07:45 AM
well tried both phones and no answer have left a message stating that due to fees not being in my account she needs to contact me as a matter of urgency.
Have also written a letter of termination as I can't work like this, I need regular income due to personal circumstances not being paid as and when it suits

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:13 AM
well tried both phones and no answer have left a message stating that due to fees not being in my account she needs to contact me as a matter of urgency.
Have also written a letter of termination as I can't work like this, I need regular income due to personal circumstances not being paid as and when it suits

Keep calling on the hour - someone will answer in the end - withhold your number so they do not know its you incase they are avoiding you

Good luck

Angel xx

kindredspirits
15-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Keep calling on the hour - someone will answer in the end - withhold your number so they do not know its you incase they are avoiding you

Good luck

Angel xx

sorry but I don't agree Angel - should it ever go to court then it would be percieved as harassment and the debt would be written off (this happened to a credit card company recently and the whole debt was written off because they had called the debtor several times a week!) :eek:

handeme
15-04-2011, 08:26 AM
I would call again and if no response leave another message confirming that unless they fail to make payment in cash today you will have no alternative than to apply a late payment charge and you will no longer be able to provide care without non payment.

Get your termination letter ready and should you not hear anything I would pop it in the post for them to have first thing tomorrow.

If you have any problems with them not making payment, let me know (my previous job was a legal exec dealing with debt collection and litigation)

c x

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I would call again and if no response leave another message confirming that unless they fail to make payment in cash today you will have no alternative than to apply a late payment charge and you will no longer be able to provide care without non payment.

Get your termination letter ready and should you not hear anything I would pop it in the post for them to have first thing tomorrow.

If you have any problems with them not making payment, let me know (my previous job was a legal exec dealing with debt collection and litigation)

c x

Thanks will do, just still annoyed as I am going to have to go begging from my mum again so my kids can go out tomo

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:31 AM
sorry but I don't agree Angel - should it ever go to court then it would be percieved as harassment and the debt would be written off (this happened to a credit card company recently and the whole debt was written off because they had called the debtor several times a week!) :eek:

Yes but if no one is answering - is it best not to just keep trying ?

So what are you supposed to do call once in the morning and once in the evening - or once every day

If you are trying to contact someone you are going to keep trying are you not ?

I do understand what you are saying but I thought it would be harassment if you kept calling and they answered but you still kept pestering them ?

Sorry I am confused ha ha

Angel xx

Angel xx

auntym
15-04-2011, 08:36 AM
You have given it an hour so I think you are well within your right to ring and leave message stating you need to pop money in bank before 12 as have direct debits that are due and if no payment received today late payment fee applies and no further care offer till settled

cupcake22
15-04-2011, 08:40 AM
I have a policy that i ask for 2 weeks deposit when the contract is signed & it is refunded at the end of the contract. And the most important 1 is if they dont pay the child doesnt stay. I obviously allow until day 2 of the working week incase salary gone in late ect but this has always worked for me. That way i am sure to always get paid on time. They wouldn't like if their salary was late!

Cupcake22

rickysmiths
15-04-2011, 08:52 AM
In the first letter I would ask if everything is alright as you are worried that they haven't been in touch or paid their fees. That you are sorry if they are having any issues but that the account being left unpaid is now causing you issues and could they please contact you urgently.

I would put that through their letter box. Then you may see if they are at home or if the house looks shut up as if they are on holiday. If there is no sign of life I would knock on a neighbours door and say you are concerned because you haven't heard from them and see what they say. Note it all down but if they tell you they have gone to Greece for 3 weeks at least you know where they are!!

If they have gone away on holiday without paying then I would leave it 7 days and if you haven't had any reponse I would write again a bit tougher.

Then state that unless the contact you as a matter of urgency and the account remains unpaid in the next 7 days when it will then be xxxx days overdue. That you expect payment of the outstanding amount in cash immediately and in future you expect payment in cash on the due day. No Childcare Vouchers, no transfer into Bank, no cheques, just cash.

At least by doing a softly, softly letter first you show some undeerstanding and you are giving them the chance if there has been a family crisis somewhere. If you have to go the court route this will look better.

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Well withheld my number and finally got a response, child's dad answered and said his wife was away, I explained that money had not gone in and needed payment today.
Waiting for call now to say he has transfered money.
Also said to him that his wife needs to contact me regarding contractual review as soon as she returned.
In future money will have to be made in advance if she wants care to continue,.

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Well withheld my number and finally got a response, child's dad answered and said his wife was away, I explained that money had not gone in and needed payment today.
Waiting for call now to say he has transfered money.
Also said to him that his wife needs to contact me regarding contractual review as soon as she returned.
In future money will have to be made in advance if she wants care to continue,.

See I told you that would work :laughing:

Well now lets hope he does call you back and that they do pay you

What did he say to you was he helpful or annoyed or what ?

Angel xx

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 09:08 AM
He said that his wife had probably forgot due to being in a rush to leave.
Whilst i agreed with him i did state that contracts state that payment must be made on last day of minding of week.
He sounded a bit apologetic, but will wait and see whether money goes in.
I was very calm and collected on the phone LOL though was thinking a few replies in my head ha ha ha

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 09:09 AM
He said that his wife had probably forgot due to being in a rush to leave.
Whilst i agreed with him i did state that contracts state that payment must be made on last day of minding of week.
He sounded a bit apologetic, but will wait and see whether money goes in.
I was very calm and collected on the phone LOL though was thinking a few replies in my head ha ha ha

Well done for staying calm

Good luck keep us posted hope you get your money

Angel xx

Happy Bunny
15-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Just to let you know money now in my bank.

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Just to let you know money now in my bank.

Wahoooooooo :clapping: :clapping:

You being firm worked

Well done pleased for you

Enjoy the weekend

Angel xx

handeme
15-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Woo Hoo well done.

c x

claire'scherubs
15-04-2011, 03:04 PM
YAH!!!!!! Well done

onceinabluemoon
15-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Good news, well done for staying calm.

Are you still going to terminate or keep going but with payment up front?

Mollymop
15-04-2011, 11:00 PM
That's brill news hun!
Just shows it does help chasing thses things up!

Have a fab weekend now x