PDA

View Full Version : Parents !!!

LittleStar's
14-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Im really upset with one of my parents.

I asked all of my parents to let me know with as much notice as possible what they want for the Easter holidays ( I don't contract a/s for school holidays but they need to book in with me as we get very busy)

well originally about 3 or 4 weeks ago one parent said she was booking her son in for all of the 7 days available ... then about 10 days ago she said actually Im going to put him in football 6 days (about £12. a day) could you collect him at 3.30 from leisure centre? I said well we are planning some outings so maybe once or twice but dont want to commit to a 3.30 pick up . so she said ok twice a week.
Not realising at the time , I emailed her saying I would only pick him up once a week on the Wednesday of each week (I have one leave at 1.30 on a Wednesday so couldn't go out anyway). So she agreed with me then that I have him all day on the Monday (1st week) and after football on the 2 wednesdays.

Now she has just collected him and said i made a mistake and football is on for 4 days next week so I dont need you on the Monday just the 2 wednesdays after football.... 4 days notice !!! Its not about the money but I have turned people away for these holidays , she often rings me at short notice and says can I have him till 7 and I never say no , she's often 10 15 minutes late, always pays late... i feel like a doormat, how can she mess me about like that!!!! :angry:

Should I say something????

I know it probably isnt as bad as I make out but it has really annoyed me!

Twinkles
14-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I only have one after school child on pay-as-you-go holiday contract.

I learnt my lesson after this one and now contract for full days in the holidays as a condition of giving the after school place.

With this other child I give out a form well in advance of any holidays and ask the parents to book ( in writing ) what days they need.
On the form it states any days booked will be charged for whether or not they are ultimately used.

snufflepuff
14-04-2011, 06:38 PM
What a pain in the bum!
I think in time for the next school holidays you should come up with a booking form, and state clearly that days booked must be paid for in advance, and refunds are not avaliable. Without payment, the day is not reserved.

onceinabluemoon
14-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I only have one after school child on pay-as-you-go holiday contract.

I learnt my lesson after this one and now contract for full days in the holidays as a condition of giving the after school place.

With this other child I give out a form well in advance of any holidays and ask the parents to book ( in writing ) what days they need.
On the form it states any days booked will be charged for whether or not they are ultimately used.

This is exactly what I do too. I've been caught like you have too.

yes I would have a word with mum and tell her that you expect her to pay half fees or something as its too short notice and you've had to turn families away.

mushpea
14-04-2011, 06:50 PM
i offer ad hoc in the holidays but if they book it they pay for it wether they come or not as i may have to turn others away.

blue bear
14-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I print out the hours requested both parents and I sign and in big bold letters it states once booked places have to be paid for, until form is signed I will not reserve the place and could offer it to others if requested.

Explain to mum you need to know what you are doing both in income and activities and need a months notice to cancel bookings and this will apply to all future holiday/extra hours booked

LittleStar's
14-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Thankyou for all of your replies.

I am going to do a booking form as suggested, which will clearly state that days booked are to be paid for!!

Lesson learnt... wont happen again!

Thanks again xxx

angeldelight
14-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Thankyou for all of your replies.

I am going to do a booking form as suggested, which will clearly state that days booked are to be paid for!!

Lesson learnt... wont happen again!

Thanks again xxx

Good for you I dont blame you

We live and learn and sometimes do not realise till it happens to us

Good luck

Angel xx

berkschick
15-04-2011, 06:40 AM
I wont hold places until they are paid for.

I have 3 families that use me during the holidays. I have just been booked for 3 days of May/June half term and paid in full! First to pay gets the space, seems to work so far.

I changed to doing it this way after getting messed about last summer and missing out on 2 weeks of extra work.

mama2three
15-04-2011, 06:46 AM
I use this form , does it help?

LittleStar's
15-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Thats brill thankyou mama2three :D

charleyfarley
15-04-2011, 07:48 AM
The same thing happened to me this week with my after schoolie. Parent told me last Thursday mindee would be with me all holidays except BH, they broke up on Friday :mad: Anyway Monday morning I got a call to ask if she could drop off 30 mins early, like a numpty I said yes. When she got here she then informed me mindee wasn't going to be here Tues or Weds this week :mad:

Hence I am going to print off a booking form for future holidays, which if booked WILL be paid for and I shall be having more than a couple of days notice :thumbsup:

Good luck

Carol xx

manjay
15-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I require my schoolies parents to tell me what they want in the middle of the previous month before invoices go out. Anything booked was paid for before 1st April. Some of them chop and change at the last minute but they have all paid so that's fine by me.

The theorists call it experiential learning don't they? Learning through experience is the best way to learn so I would just see it as one of those things and put procedures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

auntym
15-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I have one holiday only mindee who has holiday only contract. She has always come in school holidays but dad now has new job where he works one in one off. So assumes it ok not to send. They will still claim credits for cover so I dont know how to book now. Whether to offer adhoc cover or say he does not come its half fee ?