PDA

View Full Version : Friend's Children as a Favour

mrsbonnet
14-04-2011, 03:22 PM
As a favour to a good friend I have had her 2 children for the day in the past on the odd occasion she has been stuck.

They are both under 5 and so are my 2 children.

Now I'm registered, whilst I would be happy to do this as a favour, I'm worried it would cause problems as obviously it is more than my allowed numbers. It wouldn't be on a childminding basis, just looking after them but it would be for more than 2 hours.

I'm not sure of the situation here.

loocyloo
14-04-2011, 03:26 PM
if you have no minded children at the time, then you are not working, and it is up to you how many children you have to play!

if you do have minded children, then you wouldn't be able to care for them at all, as i assume it would take you over your numbers for under 5's.

xxx

mrsbonnet
14-04-2011, 03:29 PM
No, I wouldn't do it if I had minded children. That would be a work day and that's that!

miffy
14-04-2011, 03:31 PM
If you aren't working that day then it's just like your children having friends to play so no problem - assuming no money changes hands.

There's an Ofsted fact sheet on childminding between friends, don't know if that will help you

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Childminding-between-friends

Miffy xx

mrsbonnet
14-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Thank you!

I think I'm getting a bit paranoid about rules and regs. It has cost me so much time and money to become a childminder I don't want to jeopardise anything.