PDA

View Full Version : half term = aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!

Helen Dempster
14-04-2011, 01:12 PM
:laughing:

Have a houseful of boys and we can't go out today, other than the garden, as I have to wait in for some builders. They moaned and nagged for the Wii on, which I don't usually put on for the mindees, but succumbed. 5 mins later "we don't want to play it anymore"....GIVE ME STRENGTH! lol.

They're upstairs playing in my ds's room now, and the little one is sleeping. I don't usually have any mindees upstairs at all, but my ds was pleading with me that he wanted them to play in his bedroom with him - doors open and I can hear them all, plus I'm up and downstairs checking on them every few minutes (that'll keep my weight down!)

Was just wondering what you all do - if your own child wants mindees to play in their room/s do you let them? I don't like it, as I see it as our private space (although it's reg'd for CM up there), but also if own child wants to...it's their home too. Sorry to ramble, hope you understood the question! :blush:

BlondeMoment
14-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I'd say it was up to my ds. Like it's his room and he can decide if he wants to invite them in to play or not. That way it's still his private space as he has control of it.

I've had all mine painting plastic easter eggs and making baskets. Got an easter egg hunt in the garden planned for next week but you could always get them to split into two groups and hide things for each other in the garden using the words hot and cold for clues.
How old are they all?

The Juggler
14-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I will let them if they are invited by my children and as long as they are playing nicely up there. Any arguments or silliness (jumping on beds etc) and they come down.

What about some board games?

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Mine go everywhere and yes they have the wii on but in restricted play

At the moment they have all come in from the park and are watching Toy Story 3 - 3 years to 10 years old

caz3007
14-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Playing in my sons bedroom is by invite only, but I wont allow him to leave someone who is a similar age out. Again its done on trust and if they mess around they are straight down.

I do also allow the older ones to go on the WII but usually its timed

miffy
14-04-2011, 03:04 PM
My sons are grown up now but it was always up to them whether they invited mindees into their bedrooms.

Having said that I started childminding to look after ds's friend so it seemed that's what they always did anyway.

Miffy xx