PDA

View Full Version : How would you handle this??

hollyberry
14-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi. I've had a referral to a lady who is looking for care for her 10 month old starting in October. She is wanting several days a week but the days would not be the same each week, there would be some variation.

Say she came and did want to reserve a slot with me (I'll be registered by then), should I ask for a deposit and if so how much??? Should we agree to review in September for eg - what if in the interim I get more people (god willing hey!!) but I can't take them on because I've got an under 5 who comes (let's say) Mon, Wed and Fri one week and Tue and Thu the following week (if you see what I mean).

I've got to phone her today so it would be really really helpful to have your thoughts on how you would approach/view this possible opportunity. Thanks very much. :)

Pipsqueak
14-04-2011, 09:31 AM
So effectively this lady is potentially taking up a full time space?

Then I would charge her for a minimum of 3 days full and 2 day retainer perhaps - if she uses more than the 3 full days then she just tops up the remaining costs on the other 2 days.

Take a non refundable deposit of a minimum of 2 weeks. Non refundable if she chooses not to go ahead with the contract as agreed.

maryp0ppins
14-04-2011, 09:40 AM
So effectively this lady is potentially taking up a full time space?

Then I would charge her for a minimum of 3 days full and 2 day retainer perhaps - if she uses more than the 3 full days then she just tops up the remaining costs on the other 2 days.

Take a non refundable deposit of a minimum of 2 weeks (I'd ask for 4). Non refundable if she chooses not to go ahead with the contract as agreed.

Agreed with pip

As she will need you to be flexi there for you cannot fit another under 5 for said days!! so full payment for the 3 days & retainer for the other days unless used OR you could ask for a full weeks fee as she will need you different days ?!?!?

hollyberry
14-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys that sounds two sensible options as I can't afford to give away 2 or 3 days of income each week because she wants different days each week. Thanks very much indeed and I agree that a totally non-refundable deposit of half a month sounds fair - I will see what she says when I speak to her!!!! Got a funny feeling she may not like the terms of my offer but you never know!!!!!

angeldelight
14-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Good luck

hope it works out

Angel xx

hollyberry
15-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Sent her an email yesterday afternoon giving her prices for if she has the same days each week and another option for if she wants to vary the days each week and thus effectively tie up a whole week's worth of under 5 slots. I'm yet to hear back but will let you know what her response is if and when I get one!!!

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Sent her an email yesterday afternoon giving her prices for if she has the same days each week and another option for if she wants to vary the days each week and thus effectively tie up a whole week's worth of under 5 slots. I'm yet to hear back but will let you know what her response is if and when I get one!!!

Hope she gets back to you

Angel xx

hollyberry
25-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, as expected, I've not heard a thing back from mi' lady!!

I gave her two different pricings - a less costly option if she could stick to the same days each week, and a more costly one if she wanted to switch days around every week. Neither seemed to float her boat - have to say, I wasn't surprised, I didn't think she'd take it forward.

Anyway, thanks for the help with the structuring of how to deal with such a request - learning all the time!!!!

madwoman
26-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Bless you, don't let it knock you, i have had lots of people seem interested and then never come back to me again, but have now got some really nice families ;)