PDA

View Full Version : Dog minding

Greengrass74
14-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Am in the wrong job :joker: £20 per hour for dog minding (Daybreak TV this morning), and you don't need any qualifications, or no Ofsted visits:laughing:

Pipsqueak
14-04-2011, 06:01 AM
EXACTLY what I was thinking......... EXACTLY:laughing:

mama2three
14-04-2011, 06:12 AM
The dog 'sitter' they were interviewing was saying that by bringing in limits the service would be much like childminding :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
14-04-2011, 06:15 AM
The dog 'sitter' they were interviewing was saying that by bringing in limits the service would be much like childminding :rolleyes:

So we are not just babysitters we are eqivilent to dogwalkers now....:rolleyes: nice analogy... shame the pay isn't equal too:D

angeldelight
14-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Crikey :eek: :eek:

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
14-04-2011, 07:51 AM
I do dog sitting as well as minding as it boost my income at the moment it works out fine as all my minded lot are term time or are leaving but I don't get that much I have one dog for £15 per day but includes checking house, post & feeding fish in pond, & if I am to just care for frineds dogs it is £10 per day. Must say it is easier than childminder as I get to exercsie withpout having to push a pushchair or have whingy kids, I have a friends dog coming to stay for a week this coming saturday.
I have thought about starting my own dog walking service since getting my dog last year.

MaryMary
14-04-2011, 01:01 PM
So we are not just babysitters we are eqivilent to dogwalkers now....:rolleyes: nice analogy... shame the pay isn't equal too:D

I have been watching the 6 yo I have this week, and decided that he is a big puppy in a childs body! :laughing: He says things outloud that i am sure my dog is thinking! Unfortunately he is not a very well-trained puppy!!

Spangles
14-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Wow! £20p/h to look after a dog! Who on earth can afford that? Amazing! I guess you'd have to have insurance though incase the dog had an accident or hurt you or someone? Maybe that's expensive?

I don't know, can't believe how much money some people seem to have!

SammyM
14-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Oooo lets get this on NetMums, I'm sure they'd have a field day!!!!

MaryMary
14-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow! £20p/h to look after a dog! Who on earth can afford that? Amazing! I guess you'd have to have insurance though incase the dog had an accident or hurt you or someone? Maybe that's expensive?

I don't know, can't believe how much money some people seem to have!

And they complain about paying £3-£5 per hour to look after children!! :eek:

Pipsqueak
14-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Oooo lets get this on NetMums, I'm sure they'd have a field day!!!!

Hah lol!!!

fluff1975
14-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I supplement minding with cleaning (need to at the mo!) @ £10 p/h. I'm turning cleaning work down weekly!