PDA

View Full Version : All in fees

nat222
13-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Does anyone have 'all in' fees for parents to choose from to include nappies formula creams,etc if so how much extra would you say was reasonable to charge. My hour rate is 3.50?

rickysmiths
13-04-2011, 08:26 PM
My fees include everything except nappies, formular and Sun Cream, its so expensive and all these things different people use different brands.

clio0602
13-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Mine 'all in' was £4hr HTH

Cazz
13-04-2011, 11:29 PM
I've recently changed my hourly rate to include meals (used to charge seperately) but this means I'm charging a higher rate than the majority of childminders in my town, but it's not an issue at the moment because I'm full.

From September I may have lost all but one of my mindees so I'm considering including nappies & wipes in my hourly rates to make it seem better value for money. Basically the parent would only need to bring spare clothes and their child! Ideal if you're a busy parent with a small child!

I would ensure parents know that I will use decent brands of nappies and wipes as I do for my own daughter (asking if they have a preference and if there are any allergies). I think parents may assume that you will use the cheapest brands of both which may not be the best for their child.

I'll watch this thread with interest because I'd like to know if it's worth considering!

Pipsqueak
14-04-2011, 06:35 AM
My fees include snacks, meals, small routine outings and wipes
I wouldn't provide nappies, formulae, suncream or special diets. too expensive

angeldelight
14-04-2011, 06:45 AM
My fees include snacks, meals, small routine outings and wipes
I wouldn't provide nappies, formulae, suncream or special diets. too expensive

Same here

Would not fancy providing nappies etc for more than one child it would work out really expensive

My parents provide wipes too if child is using nappies

Angel xx

nat222
14-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Hi cazz your right i think i should put that in my information about not just using the cheaper brand. I think you can claim some formula milk back through the milk scheme carnt you?

Cazz
15-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi cazz your right i think i should put that in my information about not just using the cheaper brand. I think you can claim some formula milk back through the milk scheme carnt you?

Yes you can. I've had an enquiry tonight and I've e-mailed back with my all inclusive rate. With regards to formula, I put that I could provide it if the brand they use is available in a ready to use carton. If not, made up bottles can be sent and stored in the fridge. I don't really want to be sterilising and making up bottles!

Does anyone know if nurseries provide nappies and wipes? She's looking at nurseries and childminders.

pinkbutterfly
15-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Some nurseries do some don't.
I don't really see anything wrong with using cheaper nappies and wipes. I use the ones from Tesco ... nappies for just over £3 and value wipes for 18p. I can't see anything wrong with them, they do the job and I use them for my own child too. I actually prefer them over the top brands. I guess it depends how many children in nappies you have and what sizes they need. I do say to the parents if they prefer to use a particular brand they should provide their own as I will not guarantee I will buy them myself.
I supply formula via milk scheme ... but only 200ml a day so it doesn't actually cost me anything. If they need more they have to bring the formula.

Penny1959
16-04-2011, 05:07 AM
My fees include all meals (for those over 12m), outings, and if they wish to use it a reusable nappy service (I provide and wash nappies) however if they prefer to use disposables they provide them.

What has surprised me is only 2 out of 5 parents with children in nappies have opted to use reusable nappy service.

Parents provide sun cream - but I do have own and they sign to say ok to use if they forget to send own

Parents provide all food / milk for under 12m olds

Penny :)

AliceK
16-04-2011, 01:56 PM
I provide everything including nappies and wipes. I will only use Huggies nappies so if a parent wanted anything else they would need to supply them. All I ask the parent to bring is the child, that's it, everything else I will supply. I used to have a childminder that did this when DS was little and as a busy parent trying to get out of the door on time in the mornings it was a god-send to me. They leave a bag with spare clothes in at my house and then they don't need to bring anything else on a day to day basis.

xxxx

butterfly
16-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I started offering nappies, wipes etc a few months a go within my hourly rate. the only thing parents supply is formula. i wanted to make my fees seem more value for money and make things easier. i state i buy supermarket own brand nappies - if they want pampers etc they need to supply.

our local nursery offer nappies etc so i wanted to be in-line with them

Cazz
16-04-2011, 05:08 PM
It's interesting then that several of you seem to include nappies and wipes. As someone mentioned, the idea that you can just bring your child with some spare clothes and not have to think of all the other things is something that I thought may be a selling point to my service!

I've quoted £3.70 per hour inclusive but she's not got back to me so I'm wondering if I may have outpriced myself. Been doing some research into local childminders and they seem to charge from £3.00 per hour (not including meals etc) up to £3.50 per hour - not sure about meals - but none of them mention nappies etc.

My before and after school child is charged £3.70 per hour including snacks and meals (cooked tea in term time - plus cold lunch in the holidays), so I was thinking that as the babies won't be having a meal, including nappies and wipes would compensate for this and justify the hourly charge? The only thing is when they become toddlers and have a full cooked meal and are still in nappies - they'll definetly be getting a good deal!

I've also had second thoughts about the formula milk because I said that I would provide it if it's in cartons because I didn't want to be sterlising and making up bottles but the bottles would still have to be sterlised to put the carton milk in. I had said if not made up bottles could be sent but these shouldn't be stored ideally so that's probably not the best idea either!

Oh well - I'll wait and see if she gets back to me and keep pondering what to do with my hourly rate!

Noomie
16-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm all inclusive. I don't even charge extra for outings during the holidays although I generally do lots of things that are free / cheap and we have a ball.

With regards to nappies and wipes, I use Tesco own brand wipes although have considered using value. I use pampers nappies as they aren't that much more expensive than tesco if you buy them on offer and parents seem to prefer them. I used tesco always with my own DD and don't have a problem with them. I just bought some nappies tonight for a new mindee. Tesco were 12p per nappy and pampers 15p. I will most likely use 4 nappies for this child per day given his hours. Even at the higher price it is only 60p for nappies for the day and then you can claim them as expenses before tax so you are only really paying 48p a day.

I've been a working parent and would have loved an all inclusive price. It would have saved me half and hour every night through food preparation and packing bags. That is value. I also spent time on my days off cooking pots of food for her to have there.

I do charge a high rate but then that is the usual rate in my area. Some even charge it without providing all and some charge even more.

muffins
16-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I charge food as an extra. I also offer all nappies & wipes for an extra 10p per hr.

Cazz
16-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I charge food as an extra. I also offer all nappies & wipes for an extra 10p per hr.

Mmm that's an idea - give the parents a choice and adjust the hourly rate accordingly.

I wish I wasn't such an indecisive person and could just decide what to do for the best!

Sorry Nat222 if I've hijacked your thread but it was posted at just the right time for me!

onceinabluemoon
17-04-2011, 07:55 AM
My rate is the same for all people, I throw in whatever the child needs if they are full time eg cloth nappies, milk, food, cloth wipes etc but if they're part time only pride cloth nappies (and launder them etc).

I do state parents pay for playgroup and trips on my contract but the reality is that I usually pay for them.

nat222
17-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone some great ideas.