PDA

View Full Version : Should I put in attendance reg or not?

merry
13-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I look after 2 girls aged 8 and 11, they've been with me for 4 years. Mum has had breast cancer, treatment just finished and so have her tax credits for childcare and half her pay so she can no longer afford to send them. She's still far from well, single parent with no support and it may be soft but I've offered to have the girls free of charge every morning before school as she is still feeling very ill every day til about lunchtime, and one night a week after school. As I'm not being paid to have them, do I need to put them in my attendance book, also can I claim still for their food as an expense? They will come back in Summer when she's well enough to get back to work, does that make any difference? Thanks.

:)

sarah707
13-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I would log them in and out, make sure they are within ratios and keep them on contracts because then you are covered by insurance.

Mum should see if she can get some financial help via the macmillan nurses. There might be something available.

Hth :D

jane5
13-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I would include them as Sarah said and you could just put their fee down as a fixed weekly rate.

That way you can charge them what ever you want (you are self employed and set your own fees) but could put all expenses down whilst they are with you as you are working.