PDA

View Full Version : How many of you rent your home?

Shirlwith3
25-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi
I am at the moment trying to find a house to rent that will allow pets & minding & having no luck, one company don't allow any kimd of business being run from any of their properties :mad: .

Another problem I a having is find a place that also allows cats. I found 2 places but the gardens were unsuitable as they had steep slopes which would not be safe for any child.

So I was wondering how many of you have pets and childmind from a rented property?

Shirl

littlesprogs
25-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I do I have 2 cats. However i rent from the RAF and i had to get permission from the station commander and Defence Housing Estates to be able to mind from the property but there was no problem with it.

foxy lady
25-04-2008, 12:01 PM
hi i rent my home
i have got
2 dogs
2 caged birds
3 chickens
and 5 fish
and a horse but i dont keep him in the house ha ha
we did have problems finding a house to accept us and our small farm and then on top wanting to use it for childminding.
the way we found was better was to go private.we found that the agencys wouldnt even look for us.
this house that we live in is a large cottage on a farm.
they did not blink at the animals or the children.
we found ours by accident just driving around it had a board outside.
good luck with your search i hope you find one soon
foxy

jessie1
25-04-2008, 04:02 PM
We rent our home and we were in here a month and because its private rent I went to the landlord and explained what I am planning on doing and they had no problem. Garden got very steep steps as even I cant get the buggy in but works around it.

venus89
25-04-2008, 04:19 PM
We rent a council house andthe housingassoiation are happy for me to have cats and childmind - but we were in the house before I decided to doeither of those things!

Polly2
26-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I rent from a private estate and we have 2 dogs and a rabbit.

I wrote and asked permission to childmind and they were fine about it - even wishing me luck on my new venture ha!

Hope things work out for you :thumbsup:

donnahay0
26-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I used to rent nad wrote to ask the landlord for permission to childmind. I know the Agencies won't allow it these days, but one of my childminding friends asked if they could write direct to the landlord which they did and they gave their permission. Worth a try.

Don't know about pets though.