PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone - im back - i think??

Demonjill
13-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi all you lovely folks.

Hope some of you remember me ;) I was the one who got reg then had a huge wobble as to whether cm was what i wanted to do. Got bit panicky when didnt have any mindees ( was doing college course at time) and the CC ( or thats what it was then lol) kept on at me to come and inspect me!:eek:
Anyway to cut long story short I was "talked into" cancelling my registration (which i did at end of last year) and have successfully completed my college course, worked as a home carer and am a sales assistant in Debenhams at the moment. I have now moved house - that was all in the pipeline at the time as well so i was super stressed out :rolleyes:

So to come to the point (about time i hear you cry :o ) I was wondering how easy it would be to re register??

I have phoned CC ( or social whatever they are now) and they are going to send me some info out but as they are still"up to their eyes in changeover stuff" i dont hold out much hope for that.

So can any of you guys help and support me get my reg again please? Ivre just got no idea if i have to do course again, redo disclosure ( agghh hopefully that wont take too long as had one before etc Also does anyone have info on running business from your home as my deeds mention this as a no go but wasnt sure what it meant as old house deeds never had anything like that?

Ive been popping on here since i cancelled but its only now i have had courage to speak up and follow my heart (this time) to be a cm
:thumbsup:

Thanks guys in advance for the replies :D

Louise317
13-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Jill, from what I understand the Introduction to Home based childcare course we have to do, only stands for 6 months... I would think you had to start again... maybe different for different areas?

Glad some of your stresses are sorted and wish you all the best :)

tulip0803
13-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Hello and welcome back:thumbsup:

Sorry no advise at all but hope the SCWICS or whatever letters they are now sort the info out quickly for you.

I have missed your little rhino:)

Alibali
13-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Don't know how it will be now, before it wasn't compulsary to do the pre-reg course, just recommended, so if that hasn't changed then you shouldn't have to do it again, however from the stories I have been hearing, SCSWIS are having quite a few 'teething problems' (one of the local cm's new certificate says she is registered to care for no more than 65 children under 5:laughing: ) so I think it may take a while. Give them a phone and get the ball rolling, they'll know best x

Demonjill
13-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi Jill, from what I understand the Introduction to Home based childcare course we have to do, only stands for 6 months... I would think you had to start again... maybe different for different areas?

Glad some of your stresses are sorted and wish you all the best :)

Thanks Louise I know from experience Scotland is pain in ar*e sometimes lol and good luck to you too.:thumbsup:

Demonjill
13-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Hello and welcome back:thumbsup:

Sorry no advise at all but hope the SCWICS or whatever letters they are now sort the info out quickly for you.

I have missed your little rhino:)

I hope so too! O well at least all my policies etc will only need a wee tweak or three lol.

Thanks - he is cute - hopefully he is back for good this time :thumbsup: :clapping:

Demonjill
13-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't know how it will be now, before it wasn't compulsary to do the pre-reg course, just recommended, so if that hasn't changed then you shouldn't have to do it again, however from the stories I have been hearing, SCSWIS are having quite a few 'teething problems' (one of the local cm's new certificate says she is registered to care for no more than 65 children under 5:laughing: ) so I think it may take a while. Give them a phone and get the ball rolling, they'll know best x

Thats what i was hoping that wouldnt have to do it again - still have all the handouts anyway and as you say you could reg without doing it before.
Im just afraid its going to take even longer this time ( and it shouldnt)

Ooh she would make a fortune and have no hair left both in the same day!! lol:laughing:

Demonjill
13-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys for your replies so far!!

In hindsight i should have not cancelled my reg but they were going on and on about my inspection and they didnt like folk leaving it as on hold so cos i had a place on college course i just cancelled:panic:
O well its done now!:blush:

angeldelight
13-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys for your replies so far!!

In hindsight i should have not cancelled my reg but they were going on and on about my inspection and they didnt like folk leaving it as on hold so cos i had a place on college course i just cancelled:panic:
O well its done now!:blush:

Welcome back Jill nice to see you

Shame you did cancel your reg - I did the same gave up childminding a long time back now but I kept mine going and I am so glad that I did

Hope it does not take you long to get up and runnin again

Angel xx

Demonjill
13-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Welcome back Jill nice to see you

Shame you did cancel your reg - I did the same gave up childminding a long time back now but I kept mine going and I am so glad that I did

Hope it does not take you long to get up and runnin again

Angel xx

Hi Angel

Nice to hear from your good self :)

I know im a numpty for cancelling.

I hope its quick just want to get started now i know its what i want.:thumbsup:

Take care:)

theonebeachbum
18-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm another numpty if it makes you feel any better! I too was very pressurised by Ofsted into resigning from my registration - I stopped CM'ing as I split up from my husband, housemove etc etc and on top of all that I had Ofsted literally ringing me every few days asking when I would be working again. In the end I agreed to resign.
Now, a year on, I am all settled again and in a new home and ready to start again.. So I've applied again, my ICP level 1 still stands. My local childcare unit at the council don't want me to go to any briefings, they don't really want to have anything to do with it tbh - think it's because I've been on the courses already so I'd be using up funding by taking a place again. I've had to re-do my CRB certificates, but my safeguarding/food hygiene are still ok - I do need to re-do my First Aid though but I start that in a fortnight..

Good luck with your re-registration - just a few tweeks of the policies and procedures to bring them up to date should suffice!

Tobb xxx

Demonjill
19-04-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm another numpty if it makes you feel any better! I too was very pressurised by Ofsted into resigning from my registration - I stopped CM'ing as I split up from my husband, housemove etc etc and on top of all that I had Ofsted literally ringing me every few days asking when I would be working again. In the end I agreed to resign.
Now, a year on, I am all settled again and in a new home and ready to start again.. So I've applied again, my ICP level 1 still stands. My local childcare unit at the council don't want me to go to any briefings, they don't really want to have anything to do with it tbh - think it's because I've been on the courses already so I'd be using up funding by taking a place again. I've had to re-do my CRB certificates, but my safeguarding/food hygiene are still ok - I do need to re-do my First Aid though but I start that in a fortnight..

Good luck with your re-registration - just a few tweeks of the policies and procedures to bring them up to date should suffice!

Tobb xxx

Aww thanks beach bum :thumbsup:

I hated the pressure to cancel and at that time thought life was going a very different route :blush: but here i am and ready to start the journey - hope its short.

I phoned cc (whateva they now lol) but she has not sent out anything yet - i remember they were slow before :rolleyes: ive emailed them and will phone them later if nothing has arrived when i get home from work.

Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Zoomie
19-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Hiya

Do you still need me to text you when you have a course to attend again ?????

Welcome back and sorry you have to do the whole slog again.

Do you have your policies and all of that aready done? Sorry not up to speed with procedures in your area.

Hopefully you will be up and running in the not too distant future.

Demonjill
19-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Hiya

Do you still need me to text you when you have a course to attend again ?????

Welcome back and sorry you have to do the whole slog again.

Do you have your policies and all of that aready done? Sorry not up to speed with procedures in your area.

Hopefully you will be up and running in the not too distant future.

Hiya,

Ha Ha -I was very grateful for that last time -made all the difference:D thanx I will let you know if i need your services any time soon

I really dont know all what i have to do. I was told that if i did want to re register it would be an easy process but im not so sure!:rolleyes:

In our area its not compulsary to do pre reg training anyway and i still have all the paperwork from last time - although that was when it was the SCARE COMMISSION and its all changed now. Maybe they will get faster!!!!!:rolleyes:

My policies and risk assessments just need a wee tweak here and there to suit my new home etc
I have posted to ask about title deeds as well as its confusing any info is gratefully received lol

So how are you doing? Busy?:) :)

Zoomie
19-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Have had a lovely day today, no mindees :D .

It has just been really nice relaxing and not rushing around. Still had a house full of children, but no stress involved :) .

(My mindees are great, but when you have so many children - 5/6 a day, it is hard work).