PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed

JCrakers
13-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Hopefully will be getting a call as someone asked for my number in the playground yesterday. Since losing a mindee in Nov Ive not had a call since...fingers crosssed!!

Only prob is she has two kids (9m and 3yrs) which on a mon,wed and thu will not work as I already have 2 under 5's on those days and I can only have 3.
The 9m old will work really well as its a 2.30pm finish so wont interfere with my school run. I'm hoping the 3yr old can go to preschool for free places in a morning.

Do you think I could get a variation from Ofsted for 3hrs on a mon, weds and thurs for having 4 under 5's? From end April-end Aug (4months)

2 of my mindees leave for school at beg Sept so i'll have the space then....I'm not sure what Ofsted allow so dont know what to tell Mum when she rings...If she does that is..:D

becky x

nicoleon
13-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I think it's worth a try to ask for the variation if it's only for a short period of time anyway (until others go to school). I had a similar situation before and I told mum the truth. I'd be happy to have little one but it's subject to variation being granted... In the end she decided to go with someone else as she wanted to be sure which I understood.