PDA

View Full Version : What detail to include in all about me books?

Hayley102
13-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi

I have just had a successful ofsted inspection:laughing: but with a recommendation I include more of a summtive report of the 6 areas of learning in my all about me book that the parents complete when the child starts. I was wondering what sort of detail you ask of your parents. I got the impression she would like me to sit and go through all the areas of learning with the parents and assess levels. Does anyone do this?

candy cat
13-04-2011, 11:59 AM
i do an all about me form i give to parents to fill in,this then goes in front of learning journal....pm me your address and can send you a copy :)

sarah707
13-04-2011, 06:10 PM
I assess a child's starting points and ask parents for their comments...

I also use information they have given me to feed into the assessment.

I don't sit and go through the 6 areas of the Eyfs with them - they glaze enough trying to read policies, contracts etc.

I do give them an Eyfs information sheet though to explain obs etc and then every 4 months or so I update the assessment and go through that with them.

Hth :D

Hayley102
14-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks Tabatha I have tried to pm you. Hope you got it.

Hayley102
14-04-2011, 01:00 PM
I assess a child's starting points and ask parents for their comments...

I also use information they have given me to feed into the assessment.

I don't sit and go through the 6 areas of the Eyfs with them - they glaze enough trying to read policies, contracts etc.

I do give them an Eyfs information sheet though to explain obs etc and then every 4 months or so I update the assessment and go through that with them.

Hth :D

Sarah how long do you spend on initial assessment? A week, a month? and what about children who are with you less than 10 hours a week?
Do you ask for specific questions of the parents that give you information on all areas of learning? Are they different for various age groups?
Hayley