PDA

View Full Version : urgent help...not life threatening though!

WibbleWobble
13-04-2011, 06:57 AM
i have JUST had a text from one of my mums asking if i do saturdays (i dont) and if so can i have her three children from 8 until 6.

children are 7, 5 and 2.

i have the 7 and 5 year old after school and hols....7 year old is very challenging.

i charge £3.50 an hour for school holidays each child
£4 an hour for after school care each child.

i havent spoken to phil yet...but i wanted to call him with how much i will be charging (might sway him)

and thats where you lot come in

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE???

if i did it

thanking you in anticipation

mandy xxxxxxx

angeldelight
13-04-2011, 07:00 AM
I would def charge more than you do in the week

Think long and hard before working a Saturday - the money is sooo tempting but its hard work and when I did it I did in the end miss having my weekends to myself

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

The Juggler
13-04-2011, 07:01 AM
double :thumbsup:

tashaleee
13-04-2011, 07:02 AM
I would charge time and a half for saturdays or double for sundays - but if I wasnt keen on doing it then I would go for double for the saturdays as well :thumbsup:

jelly15
13-04-2011, 07:02 AM
I personally wouldn't want to do weekends but I would charge double normal rate to make it worth my while.

mama2three
13-04-2011, 07:12 AM
If you go for double time thats over £20 an hour , so £200 + for the day , or you could do her a favour and round it down to £200:laughing:
I dont do weekends , but that might sway me!

rickysmiths
13-04-2011, 07:24 AM
i have JUST had a text from one of my mums asking if i do saturdays (i dont) and if so can i have her three children from 8 until 6.

children are 7, 5 and 2.

i have the 7 and 5 year old after school and hols....7 year old is very challenging.

i charge £3.50 an hour for school holidays each child
£4 an hour for after school care each child.

i havent spoken to phil yet...but i wanted to call him with how much i will be charging (might sway him)

and thats where you lot come in

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE???

if i did it

thanking you in anticipation

mandy xxxxxxx

Mandy I have 2 x 7yr olds after school at the moment. A boy and a girl they are delightful. They keep me on my toes and I have to plan stuff to do but they are not hard to keep interested. Also remember that Sat is the end of the week for these children and come Sat afternoon the older one may well enjoy a chill on the sofa with a DVD. My girl arrives very early in the morning and will often do this before the other children arrive, while I get breakfast ready.

I woul charge time and a half for Sat, double for Sunday.

mushpea
13-04-2011, 07:33 AM
i worked saturdays and charged time and a half , it was only one child and he was a easy happy baby but since mum hasnt needed me on a saturday I havent missed the money and have got more stuff done so have told her I wont go back to working saturdays,, you could always tell her you willl trial it for a month and see how it goes,,, I missed out on several different courses that i wanted to do as they were on weekends which is partly why i didnt want to go back to saturdays

WibbleWobble
13-04-2011, 07:52 AM
forgot to say...its a one off so they can open a new shop.

thanks for all your advice.

spoke to phil...he will hide on the allotment (wuss) and i am charging £200 for the day.

text mum and now waiting for reply

mandy xxx

caz3007
13-04-2011, 07:55 AM
I wouldnt want to work that long on a saturday and for 3 children. My hubby works mornings, so would consider that.

But if I was going to do it, it would be at least time and a half. For 3 children for that long a day, it would be a huge amount, but it would have to be worth my while as it would encroach into my family time.

angeldelight
13-04-2011, 07:55 AM
forgot to say...its a one off so they can open a new shop.

thanks for all your advice.

spoke to phil...he will hide on the allotment (wuss) and i am charging £200 for the day.

text mum and now waiting for reply

mandy xxx

Oh if its a one off I would def do it

Wahooooo you can then go off on the Sunday to treat yourself for giving up some of your weekend :clapping:

Angel xx

caz3007
13-04-2011, 07:56 AM
we posted at the same time. For £200 as a one off would be worth it me :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
13-04-2011, 08:20 AM
I was going to say it would depend if it was a regular thing ( in which case no way) or a one off - which obviously it is!! In that case I think £200 is a fair price for 3 children all day and a nice extra for you!!!!

WibbleWobble
13-04-2011, 08:35 AM
thanks folks...as usual i have been given lots of great advice!

it will be handy....i have just spent another shed load of cash on a brand new p&t explorer, doubles kit and maxi cosi seat.

that on top of the laptop last week:eek: ....eek

so money well appreciated

mandy xx

babs
13-04-2011, 08:38 AM
parsley you need to think about your self you need time to recharge and weekends you can do that you have been ill and we dont want you getting ill again.... but if you really want to double time i say...

sorry didnt read all thread slaps hand ...