PDA

View Full Version : My child is sick.....

lou246
13-04-2011, 05:56 AM
I've just had to cancel my mindee coming today as my daughter has been throwing up all morning. I feel really guilty though but i think I'd probably feel a lot worse if my mindee caught it too!

What do you all do in this situation? Have I done the right thing to cancel?

mushpea
13-04-2011, 06:03 AM
now myu children are older i tell the parents the situation and then its up to them if they send their child or not, if they dont send i dont charge but when they were younger and needed my full attention then i cancelled.

Tink
13-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Yes you have hun, being a childminder you not only have a duty to the children you care for but your own children too, they come first and the last thing a sick child needs is other children running around when they are not feeling well.
My DD had Gastrentoritis last month which was horrible, sometimes we have to close so don't feel bad and I hope your daughter gets better soon xxx

lou246
13-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks x

Should I have given them the choice of whether or not to still send their child? I sent a text earlier, should I send another giving them the choice? Or ring them perhaps?
Think I'm worrying now as they haven't text back, not that they have to :blush:

lou246
13-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I rang the parents, everythings fine! I am such a worrier :blush:

angeldelight
13-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I rang the parents, everythings fine! I am such a worrier :blush:

I know what you mean I hate letting parents down too but it cant be helped

You did the right thing

Concentrate on your daughter and give her lots of hugs today

Hope she gets better soon

Angel xx

lou246
13-04-2011, 08:17 AM
I know what you mean I hate letting parents down too but it cant be helped

You did the right thing

Concentrate on your daughter and give her lots of hugs today

Hope she gets better soon

Angel xx

Thank you :)
My 18 month old daughter has also been sick this morning now :( Strange thing is that both of them are sick then start jumping and dancing around like loons :laughing:

xxx