PDA

View Full Version : Sand tables...

SimplyLucy
25-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Can anyone recommend a good sand table to me please.

I don't mind spending a bit on it say up to £80 ish.

Must have a lid of some sort. i'd like quite a large one, I have a space on my decking that'll be perfect!

I'm not a lover of sand but it's what the children have asked for! :rolleyes:

Donkey
25-04-2008, 10:57 AM
I got a half water half sand one from woolies for £20, i've not took it out of the box yet to look at, but it looked nice on the pictures

it was half price in their sale with free delivery :idea:

avril
25-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Not sure of the make might be TP but they make a boat shape sand pit which has a lid that can be used for water play, it has little canals in in the lid so boats can be sailed around. Not sure of the price either!!:blush:

I have a sand table from ELC a blue one or can buy a pink version that came with sand toys and a lid for approx 40.00 and if you use the current 20% dis from a previous thread it's a bargain!:clapping:

Avril x:)

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 11:36 AM
This is nice

http://www.activetoy.co.uk/product.php?id=1199

You can also get covers that fit this - plastic sheet type

I have a sand pit and water play I have had many different ones over the years and to be honest I always fine the kids like sitting in the sand so I have one that is on the ground with out legs
The babys can crawl over to it too which is nice
You can get all types of shapes fairly cheap with a lid for around 20 to 30 pound

I also have the early learning sand one on legs
I use this just for water play so the babys can not get into it for safety reasons

I also find that sand and water together is a complete nightmare the kids make a right mess mixing it up

Good luck hope you find a nice one

Angel xx

crazybones
25-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Can anyone recommend a good sand table to me please.

I don't mind spending a bit on it say up to £80 ish.

Must have a lid of some sort. i'd like quite a large one, I have a space on my decking that'll be perfect!

I'm not a lover of sand but it's what the children have asked for! :rolleyes:

I might be wrong but did you say the decking is being done at the moment? If so could you not ask the workmen to make you a sand table out of the extra pieces to match in with your decking. They may be able to disguise it with a top to look like a seat when you are not minding. :D

Twinkles
25-04-2008, 11:52 AM
This is nice

http://www.activetoy.co.uk/product.php?id=1199

You can also get covers that fit this - plastic sheet type

I have a sand pit and water play I have had many different ones over the years and to be honest I always fine the kids like sitting in the sand so I have one that is on the ground with out legs
The babys can crawl over to it too which is nice
You can get all types of shapes fairly cheap with a lid for around 20 to 30 pound

I also have the early learning sand one on legs
I use this just for water play so the babys can not get into it for safety reasons

I also find that sand and water together is a complete nightmare the kids make a right mess mixing it up

Good luck hope you find a nice one

Angel xx

Exactly the same as Angel. Big sandpit, table for water only , neer the twain shall meet :D

SimplyLucy
25-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes, I'm not too keen mixing sand and water......would end up in a big mess probably made by my DS! :angry:

The decking has been there for a few years, I'm just having a fence put around it so children can just go out the patio doors and use it as an extra room, when the garden is too muddy to use.

They can also use the decking area when it's raining as I have a couple of kid gazebos (sp?) I can put up.....sure to score points with OFSTED as they like children to be outside 50% of the time! :D

SimplyLucy
25-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I just found this one......only half my budget too! :D

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-0257.aspx

It's only 40cm high, so it'll be ideal for the small people.

:idea: If I get any baby mindees I'll tell OFSTED that I can put some sand into a washing up bowl for them to sit at and play with.........we have to think of all angles don't we! :idea:

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Thats nice from Tesco

Well done

Angel xx

Tatia
25-04-2008, 12:23 PM
I've got this one from ELC and it's only £35.00. It's really good size and has lots of bits for scooping, pouring and stuff. Plus a lid.
http://www.elc.co.uk/toy-43515

miffy
25-04-2008, 04:51 PM
I've a really old sand pit from ELC - it doesn't have legs but the little ones like it as they can climb into it

For water play I use a tuff spot or baby bath or washing up bowls or even a paddling pool depending on the age of the children

miffy xx

Alibali
25-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I hate sand, it gets everywhere and they throw it and bugs grow in it and it feels horrible and........ oh I could go on, that said my mindees love it. BUT I have the perfect solution, 2 of my minder friends stay really close by and they have sandpits, so when we (they) want to play in sand we go for a play date! Problem solved.:D :D

Ali x

miffy
25-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I hate sand, it gets everywhere and they throw it and bugs grow in it and it feels horrible and........ oh I could go on, that said my mindees love it. BUT I have the perfect solution, 2 of my minder friends stay really close by and they have sandpits, so when we (they) want to play in sand we go for a play date! Problem solved.:D :D

Ali x

That sounds like a great solution :)

miffy xx

Jinx
25-04-2008, 06:36 PM
This one looks great from Toys are Us. Unfortunatly is is out of stock at the mo. http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/TruHome/TruOutdoorSports/TRUOutdoorandSportsSandWaterTables/716758

I also like the look of the water table they have reduced at the moment

Jinx x

SimplyLucy
25-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Thats the one I was thinking about getting.......oh so many to choose from!

Jinx
25-04-2008, 06:48 PM
There is a nearly new sale down the road from me tomorrow morning. Hoping to get some bargains. Need: water table, swing, toy garage and conservatory!!!!! :D :D

Do you think I'll find any of the above?:D :D

Me neither!!! BOOOHOOO:laughing: ;)

Jinx x

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I have the elc one but am turning that over to just water instead as found they all keep tipping the water in to the sand till it takes a week for the sand to be probperly useable again!!!

Have just ordered a shallow tub trug and cover to use as a sand pit. Am thinking of buying more to put soil or wood chip in for more play opportunities. They are quite good value too.

http://www.tubtrugs.com/

SimplyLucy
28-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the tip about the tub trugs........what a bargain...£7.99 for the tub and £4.99 for the lid.

I think I might order one right away to use as a sand pit. I might get a smaller one to use for water, and another one to use for bark or soil like you suggested...oh and I'm sure my sister who is also a childminder will also want some.

Think they might have to send me a lorry load! :laughing:

Thanks again, they are great :D

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes they sound great thanks for that

Angel xxx

Jinx
28-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Those Tubs look great.
Are these in B&Q similar. Don't think you can get lids though which is a pain.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=tub&selected=products

Jinx x

angeldelight
28-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes I have seen them they do look good and they do some really big ones in there shame about the lack of lid though although I suppose it depends what you keep in there

xxx

Rubybubbles
28-04-2008, 09:42 AM
some great ideas there everyone:thumbsup:

now need to find some money to buy some things:laughing:

Gherkin
28-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Those Tubs look great.
Are these in B&Q similar. Don't think you can get lids though which is a pain.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=tub&selected=products

Jinx x

They are similar jinx but the tub trugs do have a large shallow which is ideal for water, sand etc as you have wide space to play but not so deep that you could lose everything in them.

Jinx
28-04-2008, 10:22 AM
They are similar jinx but the tub trugs do have a large shallow which is ideal for water, sand etc as you have wide space to play but not so deep that you could lose everything in them.

Oh right, Thanks. I'm also thinking of getting one of those Tuff Spots mentioned on another post. http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/543009. They look like fun too. I can feel another spending spree coming on!!!:thumbsup:

Jinx x

SimplyLucy
28-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I've just ordered my tubs.........pink and purple, my choices!

on to the tuff spots next........this web site is costing me a fortune!:laughing:

sarahstanbridge
28-04-2008, 11:29 AM
i got the tesco one last summer. im really pleased with:) it. it is made by step2 so is very sturdy

SimplyLucy
06-05-2008, 08:32 AM
My tub trug has just turned up!

Fortunatly I only have my DS plus 1 mindee today so we're having a trip to B and Q to buy sand!

The boys are both very excited!

:D

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Hope you enjoy

Angel xx