PDA

View Full Version : holidays only?

zoe compton
25-04-2008, 10:00 AM
hi i'm still trying to sort out my pricing but just had my first enquiry (hands still shaking) the lady has a 18 month girl who would need minding 4 days a week 8.30-2.30 and then a 5 yr boy who would be those hours but school hols only...can you please tell me if you ladies charge just for the hours you would mind the boy or would you want extra payment every month (is it a retainer?) because you have to keep that place open for him? thanks

SimplyLucy
25-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't charge a retainer for a school aged child that only wanted to attend during the holidays as it would be impossible for them to attend in term time anyhow.

Noodles
25-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I wouldnt charge a retainer for the 5 year old as he will never be with you apart from holidays if he is at school full time. It would be different if he was taking up one of your full time under 5 places:)

sarah707
25-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I look at it as swings and roundabouts... I'd rather have the work in the holidays and get a little bit more money in my pocket to take them on outings and just look at filling the term-time space as a separate thing :D

Lou
25-04-2008, 11:18 AM
yep i agree with all,

i would only charge for the time he is with you in hols.

charleyfarley
25-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I agree

I've in the past had hols only contracts which was fine as I had term time only contracts at the same time hence I was only using up 2 places.

Hope it works out for you

Carol xx

miffy
25-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree - like Carol I have some children who only come in the holidays and some who only come during term time

Good luck with this it sounds a good little job

miffy xx

zoe compton
25-04-2008, 05:27 PM
thanks a lot for the advise all, the mums calling me over the weekend so fingers crossed:)

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Good luck Zoe

Angel xx

gailee
29-04-2008, 10:57 AM
could i ask i have a 3 or 4 year old starting only during school holidays which will start end of May and he's taking a place from my numbers i have 2 under 5 at the moment but they will come during school hols so i can't take on any more unless its term time only which is hard i've never have any one who was just term time only in my 4 years minding in my area ? all mine come on both school and holiday so would you charge a retainer for the 3 / 4 year old then ?? hope you understand what i'm trying to say ??
thanks gail