PDA

View Full Version : I've started a blog! Anyone else?

miss mopple
12-04-2011, 01:59 PM
No idea what I'm doing with it as I'm not very technical,but felt the urge to give it a go after my sister suggested it and I thought it could provide a nice record of what we get up to, and parents can check in with it if they like too :)

Only done 2 posts so far, but I'm quite pleased I've mastered that much :laughing:

If you want to peek then you can find me at:

http://munchkinsandmayhem-lynda.blogspot.com/

Does anyone else blog about their minding? I know jumpinjen does but I'd love to have a look at any others if you dont mind sharing.

karensmart4
12-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Looks very good, you've got me tempted now :jump for joy:

Playmate
12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
looks brilliant :clapping: I started one at new year and have only posted twice :panic: and still haven't got permission from all the parents to post photos and haven't worked out how to upload them anyway:blush:

miss mopple
13-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks both. Must admit I'm finding it fun :D

Uploading photos is easy playmate- theres a pic of a photo at the top of the text box, click on that and you can upload from there. It really is simple :thumbsup:

Playmate
13-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks both. Must admit I'm finding it fun :D

Uploading photos is easy playmate- theres a pic of a photo at the top of the text box, click on that and you can upload from there. It really is simple :thumbsup:

Thank you :D I'm on holiday next week and once I have finished my essays this is one of the things on my list to play with :laughing:

miss mopple
13-04-2011, 05:58 PM
:clapping: make sure you share the addy so we can take a peek :thumbsup:

flowerpots
13-04-2011, 06:28 PM
thats really lovely, well done, you should be proud. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jumpinjen
13-04-2011, 06:32 PM
No idea what I'm doing with it as I'm not very technical,but felt the urge to give it a go after my sister suggested it and I thought it could provide a nice record of what we get up to, and parents can check in with it if they like too :)

Only done 2 posts so far, but I'm quite pleased I've mastered that much :laughing:

If you want to peek then you can find me at:

http://munchkinsandmayhem-lynda.blogspot.com/

Does anyone else blog about their minding? I know jumpinjen does but I'd love to have a look at any others if you dont mind sharing.

Yay I'll be signing up to follow your exploits!!!

jen x

Carpet Monkeys
13-04-2011, 06:32 PM
What a fantastic idea, I may have to jump on the band-wagon with that one!

Chell
13-04-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.michellecorbychildminder.blogspot.com/

miss mopple
13-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Lovely Chell- am now following you :thumbsup:

Shivvie
13-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I've been writing a blog for about a year now. I tend to put on what we've done each day (or at least when I get time). The parents really like it and sometimes comment. :)

The address is: http://homefromhomechildminding.blogspot.com/

Chell
21-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Lovely Chell- am now following you :thumbsup:

Thank you, I'm feeling lonely with just three followers. :panic: :laughing:

I think I am following everyone who has posted. Anyone else got a blog?

Mcgons
21-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm setting one up so will post when it's done! I started it in Feb along with a website but didn't get them finished!

Just looked at your blog Chell, think I've posted this before somewhere, I have the same template as you! It looks great!

onceinabluemoon
22-05-2011, 05:58 AM
I've been blogging since 2005 but dont put CM stuff on there. Mine is home ed blog. x

Chell
22-05-2011, 06:16 AM
I've been blogging since 2005 but dont put CM stuff on there. Mine is home ed blog. x

What is your link? I read Patch of Puddles, (http://www.patchofpuddles.co.uk/)it is a Home Ed blog.

christine e
22-05-2011, 06:39 AM
I think it is really good - got me thinking now:idea:

Will add myself to your followers

Cx

christine e
22-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Thank you, I'm feeling lonely with just three followers. :panic: :laughing:

I think I am following everyone who has posted. Anyone else got a blog?

You've just gone up to four:)

Cx

wellybelly
22-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Ok you've enspired me!

I had a website a few years ago and I put loads on it, but then some stupid person added a really horrid comment and I got rid of it. I think I want to make my own blogg though. Its wonderful what you've guys have done. I think Im going to add a funny name so no one unknown to me will know its me, then add only pictures with out faces.

Well done guys, hope you share it with Ofsted

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Aww glad it's inspired :clapping: I am loving doing it, and it's been well met by the parents, who have even passed the link on to wider family members, so great for partnership :thumbsup:

Blue- I'd love to read your home ed blog. Can you send me the link? I have some home edder friends and I love hearing about what you guys get up to :)

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 08:45 AM
welly- if you blog you can edit your settings so that you moderate all comments posted before they are published to the blog. That would prevent any nasty issues occuring x

Have also set up a FB work page (Lynda's Childminding Service if anyone wants to follow me ;) ) and my blog feeds on to that every time I update, which is great for local advertising too :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
22-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi, You've all inspired me to do one, but I think mine will be a mixture of what my own kids get up to, the animals that live with us and my veg patch!

When you've done blogs, did most of your parents allow pictures to be taken or was it only pictures from the back so you can't see their faces?

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Mine is a little bit of famnily stuff to- it's all kids related and the parents like to read. Gives them an insight into me a bit more I think.

I have permissions for photos for all the children, and a separate permission for my fb page, stating clearly that the blog links to it and so far all the parents are happy with it.

Ripeberry
22-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I've got photo permission. Suppose I'd better write a seperate one for photos to be hosted on the internet. I had no idea these blogspots were free or so easy to set up.
Wish I'd done one years ago :)

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 09:12 AM
make sure you share the link when you've set it up :D

newbie1512
22-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Oooh sounds interesting. Think I might have a look :)

Chell
22-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Lynda, how do you get it to feed into Facebook? I always just post on my Facebook business page when I update the blog.

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 07:31 PM
voodoo magic :laughing:

miss mopple
22-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry, will be sensible now :blush:

I think if you go onto your fb page as admin, then type 'notes' in the search bar and click on it you get an 'import settings option on left. Click on that and you can enter the url of your blog and it updates after you update the blog. Sometimes it takes a while though-usually within 3hrs but my last update took 24 hrs, so I gave up waiting and hit the 'share to fb' button under the blog post itself instead.

Chell
22-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry, will be sensible now :blush:

I think if you go onto your fb page as admin, then type 'notes' in the search bar and click on it you get an 'import settings option on left. Click on that and you can enter the url of your blog and it updates after you update the blog. Sometimes it takes a while though-usually within 3hrs but my last update took 24 hrs, so I gave up waiting and hit the 'share to fb' button under the blog post itself instead.
Thanks, it is broke at the moment though, it is bringing up an error message.

Rubybubbles
28-05-2011, 11:47 AM
how do you follow a blog:blush: I am thinking of doing my own ekkk! but won't start it up until after my exams in june (stress)

alison
28-05-2011, 11:53 AM
The photos are really good, it makes wonderful and inspiring reading, well done! Lucky mindies!

miss mopple
28-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks alison :)

ruby- on my blog there is a 'follow with google' button. Click on that and if you have a google account (if not you can set one up for free easily :thumbsup: ) you can follow it that way. All blogs you follow will appear on your google dashboard, which can be found if you click on the blogger tab (under 'more' on the google web page)

miss mopple
28-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Have also just added an option to subscribe by email for anyone wanting to follow that way :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
28-05-2011, 01:58 PM
follwoing you now hun:thumbsup: x