PDA

View Full Version : Holidays?

adele1985
12-04-2011, 12:00 PM
just woundering how many holidays everyone takes over the year and do you charge for your holiday. Do your children pay for when they are on holiday.

after working with another childminder for the last year im starting up on my own next month and was reviewing my contract of care.

At the momoent we charge half price for our holidays ( 2 weeks and any bank holidays) and the children pay half price when they are on holiday

what does everyone else do ???

melanieabigail2004
12-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't charge for my holidays but take up to 5 weeks (which is in the contract). All parents have to pay 1/2 rate for their holidays.:)

BlondeMoment
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't charge for my holidays but take up to 5 weeks (which is in the contract). All parents have to pay 1/2 rate for their holidays.:)

I'm exactly the same.
I don't charge bank holidays as it's too confusing. Just take them as my hols. But if anyone did want me to work a bank hol I would charge double

Mouse
12-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I charge full fee for child's holiday, but no fee for my holiday as I am not available to work.

For bank holidays I am prepared to work, but at an enhanced rate (double fee). If parents decide to keep the child off they have to pay normal fee as I am available to work. I don't work Christmas or New Year bank holidays, so don't charge for them.

Basically I say that if I am available to work I charge, if I'm not available to work I don't. It makes it straight forward to understand.

Mouse
12-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Out of interest, what happens if parents use another childminder while you're off? Do they still have to pay you half fee as well as paying the other minder?

EDIT - Ignore that, I've read it wrong!!

Can anyone else answer though. If you charge half fee for YOUR holiday, do you still charge if parents have to pay another childminder?

I had a parent (not one of mine) asked if it is usual to have to pay 2 lots of childcare when her cm is on holiday.

AliceK
12-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I charge no fee for my hols, full fee or 50% fee for childs hols depending on how much notice they give me (min 4 wks notice for half fee)

xxxx

The Juggler
12-04-2011, 02:21 PM
i charge full fee for 3 weeks for all year round children (but all children are p-time so amounts to no more than 6 days). Other children are t-time I take max 3 days paid.:thumbsup:

Splodge
12-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I charge half fee for parents holidays and half fee for mine. i have offered parents the option of paying full fee for their holidays and nothing for mine but every parent has gone with the half fee option. They know my holidays well in advance and say they are better off if they take their holidays at the same time as mine but if they occaisionally have to find and pay for other child care they have no objection. xx

BlondeMoment
12-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Out of interest, what happens if parents use another childminder while you're off? Do they still have to pay you half fee as well as paying the other minder?

Can anyone else answer though. If you charge half fee for YOUR holiday, do you still charge if parents have to pay another childminder?

I had a parent (not one of mine) asked if it is usual to have to pay 2 lots of childcare when her cm is on holiday.

Yes definately. It's not your problem. We all need holiday

Chimps Childminding
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM

This is one of the reasons I don't charge for my holiday. I am not available, therefore parents have to make alternative arrangements which may mean having to use another childminder (at least one of my parents does), so don't see how them having to pay twice for me having time off is fair :rolleyes: but that's just my opinion :blush:

swindonminder
12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree with Carolyn, I don't charge for my hols but charge full rates for theirs.

adele1985
13-04-2011, 05:09 AM
What does everyone do regarding children who only come in term time. when i first started minding i didnt charge but alot of my parents are teachers so only needed term time so i put my fees up to half price term time. What does everyone else do. Also do you charge the after school children in the holidays. I dont at the minuet.

Chimps Childminding
13-04-2011, 08:41 AM
What does everyone do regarding children who only come in term time. when i first started minding i didnt charge but alot of my parents are teachers so only needed term time so i put my fees up to half price term time. What does everyone else do. Also do you charge the after school children in the holidays. I dont at the minuet.

I have 1 lo who has the whole summer off, but not the rest of the the holidays (dad lecturer) and I charge half for her during the summer as she takes up one of my under 5 spaces (aged 2 1/2). The after schoolies I have term time only I don't charge a retainer for!