PDA

View Full Version : Claiming expenses

Tily Bud
01-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi

just wondered if any of you claim any expanses for time spent in the eveningds and at the weekwnd doing the books, planning, cleaning toys etc. I know we can claim for when on training courses but just wondered about the other :confused: :rolleyes:
If you do put expenses down , do you claim by the hour and if so how much ?

Cheryl x

sarah707
01-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi Cheryl - not sure what you mean...

... who would I claim them from??

deeb66
02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I am as confused as Sarah on this one:confused:

Who would you claim from?

If you mean your own accounts -what would you log as? You haven't spent anything so how can you claim back?

Dee

nannan
02-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I dont think you can claim for time spent on paperwork and cleaning of toys, you can claim for say a cleaner who comes to do your housework while you are minding, but as for anything else who would you claim from, and I'm not sure how you claim for a cleaner, its just I know of a couple of minders who have cleaning ladies come in. hope that helps

Banana
02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
ohh that would be bliss.

i keep asking richard if he will let me have a cleaner twice a week. he's not having any of it though.

i wish i could afford it so he would just let me.

good to know i can claim it on expenses ( for future reference of course ;) )

xxx

Tily Bud
02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi

it did read a bit strange did'nt it - and i had'nt even had a drink !

what i meant was - say you spent approx 2 hours one night doing your books, cleaning toys, researching etc could you put 2 hours min. wage amount in your accounts as expenses ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheryl x

wishfull thinking really i think lol

sarah707
02-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I wish :rolleyes:

The hours I spend.... LOL

Nope, sorry, not a hope... we do it for love!

nannan
02-12-2007, 08:42 PM
yes as Sarah pointed out we do it all for love,

deeb66
03-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes - and childminders love a lot!!!!;)

Dee

sarahsop
28-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi

just wondered if any of you claim any expanses for time spent in the eveningds and at the weekwnd doing the books, planning, cleaning toys etc. I know we can claim for when on training courses but just wondered about the other :confused: :rolleyes:
If you do put expenses down , do you claim by the hour and if so how much ?

Cheryl x

Please tell me how to claim for going on a course then? I've done loads of courses and never entered them into the book at all! Silly me :idea: I know I can claim the milage to get to the course and back, can I add anything else to offset??????????

Thank you!!!!

sarahsop x

Banana
28-01-2008, 08:15 PM
The course fee you had to pay? Lunch while you were there/drinks? These are all allowable as you are buying them because you are at the course

x

sarah707
28-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I think Cheryl was thinking about when some local authorities allowed minders to claim a small amount of money for loss of earnings if the course was during the day...

I have a vague memory of Cheshire doing this a few years ago, but I don't think it happens any more... sorry!

In fact, if I remember rightly, I got this for my last first aid course and the course was free... this time, I'm having to pay for the course... swings and roundabouts I suppose :rolleyes: