PDA

View Full Version : Double Buggy

cs01
12-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I know this question has been asked several times but have never taken much notice as was not relevant to me at the time.

However, my footrest has just gone on my maclaren double and my nearest repair centre is miles away and I cannot just order a new footrest, as it needs to be drilled off. A friend of mine gave me her mamas and papas aria but it needed a new wheel so I ordered the wheel but unfortunately it doesn't fit as the buggy is an older version than they have parts for! So rather than throw more good money at these buggies, I think I am just going to get myself a new double.

So, I liked the maclaren in terms of size and ease of storage but found it very heavy to push and wonder if its because it has small wheels.

I like the look of the 3 wheeler doubles but as I look after 2 and 3 year olds, not sure I like the fact that these seats seems quite reclined.

Don't like the P & T in view of the age of the children I have.

Anyone have other recommendations?

AliceK
12-04-2011, 08:41 AM
As always the Out N About Nipper 360. I love mine. It's suitable from birth and my 3yr old still has a lift occasionally in it too so would suit all ages. I do also have a P&T but I prefer the Nipper.

xxxxx

desiderata
12-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I have used many doubles in my 18 years minding and I have just purchased a baby jogger city elite double and it is the best thing I have every bought!!!! its a dream to push and has storage everywhere possible. I could go on forever but if you look at them on the website you will see what I mean. I had a jane powertwin 3 wheeler before and it tipped occassionaly so I went for a 4 wheeler and its a dream to push and turns on a sixpence and goes through my front door without taking any wheels offxxx

cs01
12-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The baby jogger city elite might just be too pricey for me.

Has anyone got a baby jogger classic?

desiderata
12-04-2011, 01:22 PM
look on ebay if you keep going through the newly listed you can get them quite reasonable.

donnam
12-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I have a nipper double would defo recommend would not be without mine.x

desiderata
12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
There is an elite on ebay at the mo without a starting price may be worth looking at.x

cs01
12-04-2011, 02:04 PM
There is an elite on ebay at the mo without a starting price may be worth looking at.x

Thanks, had a quick look. My only problem is I need it next week! Will keep an eye on it though and see if I can bag myself a bargain. I suppose I could try and temporarily fix my maclaren.

cs01
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Do you think the other one on ebay (buy it now price of £339.99 + postage) is worth getting?

It's such alot of money but would so like an easy to push double to save my back (which of course is priceless as I will explain to dh later!).

desiderata
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
they are easy to push and light when pushing but fairly heavy if you g=have to carry it. The wheels come off which makes it lighter. I do truly love mine xx

Mrs Pootle
12-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I bought a Baby weavers double on ebay recently. I was really lucky, got it for a bargain price and it had only been used a handful of times. It still has the knobbly bits on the tyres. :thumbsup:
It's easy to push, and I have a 2 & 3 yr old in it. It is bulky to store though.

cs01
14-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Still thinking about this double buggy I need to get. Managed to get to a shop today and think I have narrowed it down to 2, the 360 nipper or the mini city jogger (the elite may be too big and slightly heavier so have ruled this one out).

I know alot of you love the nipper but has anyone tried the mini city jogger? It has a great sun canopy, looks nice and folds really easily but felt slightly heavier to tilt (ie up kerbs on the school runs!), than the nipper.

I think I have spent more time on researching a buggy for mindees than I did on any of my own children!

sweets
14-04-2011, 05:59 PM
i have the single elite, i bought it because i have a lo who is disabled and quite big so needed a big pram. i love it but it is a big pram tho very eaasy to push, i bought it because my friend has the single mini which i loved , esp the way it folded.

As a double i have the jane powertwin which is great as ive got to have a tandem because of my narrow hallway but if i was to but a side by side double i would def go for the city mini :thumbsup: