PDA

View Full Version : Can some explain please...

Eddisonsmum
11-04-2011, 10:08 PM
What's the difference between employing hubby as my assistant or asking him to do the pre reg course to become a childminder?

How does this impact on numbers in the one setting?

Thanks in advance xxx

Mookins
12-04-2011, 12:08 AM
What's the difference between employing hubby as my assistant or asking him to do the pre reg course to become a childminder?

How does this impact on numbers in the one setting?

Thanks in advance xxx

oh my word...think to start with your hubby can only do so much with the kids by himself meaning time wise...not sure on what exactly, but it also involves you paying him a wage i believe so having all that paperwork.....him being a childminder would mean him doing all his own accounts if he has hisown mindees seperate to yours as far as i know

but if you both are childminders i dont think it aotomatically means you get the full amount of children each to be registered for

hopefully someone else for knowledgable can help you on here

xxx

debh
12-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi, I used to work with my hubby as an assistant ,then as a childminder but work with my daughter now. it didn't alter the numbers of children I could mind but gives them more respect and self worth, hubby would not feel he is working for you but with you. We split paperwork between us, each finding the things we are better at and share children. Plus I couldn't get to grips with payrole.lol

Eddisonsmum
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Ok thanks x

alwaysright
13-04-2011, 11:16 PM
hi i'm registered with my husband and he is allowed the full quota the same as me, so 6 each, when we first registered our daughter was firstly under 5 so she went into his numbers so he could only have 2 under fives, then she moved into his under 8's, also i few years ago i had my son registered as an assistant and when i spoke to ofsted about it they asked how many extra children i would like to be registered for as i had an assistant, but i didnt want my numbers increasing it was mainly just for convenience if i ever needed him or anything, but he was more of a hindrance......he was 18.......i also do all the paperwork, accounts etc as my husband also has a job :)