PDA

View Full Version : Toys & Equipment

handeme
11-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Are all yuor toys out on display for the children to have access to and are all boxes labeled?

I have a large cuboard (cubaord of doom, my hubby calls it!!!) that runs the full length of my house in which I store all my toys, books etc. I dont give children access to the cuboard beacuse my boiler is also in there. On a daily basis I ensure that there is a wide variety of toys out for the children to play with.

Would you do a toy label system to go on the door to display what we have and then if the children want something else they can see what is there to play with.

Also are all your boxes labeled up?

c x

Rubybubbles
11-04-2011, 12:31 PM
no they're not, I don't have room! I have a 2 by 4 ikea expecit unit out with boxes all labelled. In a cupboard I have the same but a 4 by 4, and under the stair I have a 2 by 2:laughing:

I have labels on all my boxes and have made a booklet if you like with photos of all the toys. I always have the toy kitchen, kiddi height table for puzzles and jigzaws and colouring pens on the big table (so they don't wander around with them and then the lo can't get to them, sorry Ofsted but really?) under the gazebo outside is the tuff spot filled with something (today is sand) all the ride on's and pushchairs, lo's took out the happy land today too.

I just don't have room:(

handeme
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks.

So for instance today I have out, mega blocks, little people garage and the little people figures & cars, play kitchen with hoover, mop and bucket, leapfrog learn and groove table and then a tub of misc toys.

I have in the garden, slide, trampoline, playhouse, sand table, trikes and bikes and more balls than a ball shop (its raining at the moment so were indoors)

Would you say this is OK?

I need to get labelling !!!

kel1983
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I dont have a play room. All the toys I have are stored in our spare room upstairs.

I get out enough toys and equipment every day and if the children are loolking bored of the toys out I will try and have change around in the afternoons.

I have just started taking photos of all the toys and aim to create a toy catalogue so the children can select what they want to play with during the week.

There are toys that the children always want out such as the dolls pushchairs and ply kitchen. These come out every day.

Carpet Monkeys
11-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I have plastic storage drawers in my hall that house, train set, music instruments, duplo, kitchen item, colouring stuff etc these drawers are labelled.

On a daily basis I would get into the shed to get out some other bits like little people etc.

I'm in the process of taking photos of items in the shed and have a small photo album with these in for the children to request additional items.

babs
11-04-2011, 02:47 PM
all my toys are on display and children can choose what they want and when some are higher up and they ask me if they want theses boxes down. i have clear boxes so you can see whats ina box and keep meaning to do pictures to go on front but never get round to it.. stuff thats not out is paint and glue and some small dolls bits ( ie. shoes,earrings,little bags for barbie dolls as lo's could swallow them )

catminder
11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I have plastic storage drawers in my hall that house, train set, music instruments, duplo, kitchen item, colouring stuff etc these drawers are labelled.

On a daily basis I would get into the shed to get out some other bits like little people etc.

I'm in the process of taking photos of items in the shed and have a small photo album with these in for the children to request additional items.

I've bought a lot of toys off ebay and they are great but I've so much stuff now I can't fit them all in the cupboard under the stairs. My mindees just ask for things and I get them out but I also like to rotate on a weekly basis. I think a shed is a good idea, it would make what I do keep in the house easier to locate and more accessible for the children.

handeme
12-04-2011, 08:56 AM
I am on with doing a toy catolgue, hopefully Mrs O won't spring up for an inspection until I have finished!!

c x