PDA

View Full Version : Best toys for a 7 month old

JumpingJacks
11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi all I will probably sound stupid but having a blank moment.

New mindee, 7 months is starting on Monday next week. My dd Is 2 and a half now so have got rid of all the baby stuff, need to get a double pram, but what toys would you all recommend? Seems like a life time ago that my dd was this age!

Thanks

Jackie xx

The Juggler
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
a large mirror or lots of small plastic type mirrors in foam frames (you can usually borrow from your resource centre/children's centre).

Lots of rattly, shaky things, different textures, foam, hard, rubber balls, beanbags etc, things that roll or push away/to the baby. A pop up tent for her to sit in with these things.

A treasure basket, lots of singing with her and peep-bo games.

have fun:D

Rubybubbles
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I have recently started with a baby too:D she loves, soft toys, rattles, roll arounds, music keys (anything that has ICT really) soft books, ones that crinkle. Big peg puzzles, she mouths them more than anything but can get a big chomp!.

Now she is starting to get ready to crawl I have blow up ball with chime inside, bead maze, shape sorters Ekkk so much, treasure baskets (she loves old remotes?) bubbles............. I love this age! Oh music box, shakes the shakers, bangs on the piano

babs
11-04-2011, 02:56 PM
balls, chunky cars, shape sorter ball, large peg jigsaws,ball pit to crawl in and out of , tent n tunnel. pop up toys (you know them that u press down and then touch summit they pop up again) abacus ( bead thingy). soft toys, play mobile phone. toys that encourage them to crawl I've got a ball that when you touch it it rolls away.. stacking cups mine liked to bang them together. books. bath toys like ducks, animals. mirrors, wooden blocks, electronic toys... ive got a bubble gum machine thing that you put balls in that have things inside or are different textures they love that.

JumpingJacks
11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you all so much for all of your fab ideas! Treasure baskets sound great! Will be out bargain hunting at the weekend x

So out of touch with babies lol!

Jackie xx

angeldelight
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Lots of noise too ha ha

Wooden spoon with some pans - my little ones love that

Treasure baskets are brill I agree

Good luck with the little one hope all goes ok

Angel xx