PDA

View Full Version : SAF (Scotland) Last minute and really need help!!!

rainbowwarrior
10-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone

I'm desperate for some help filling out my online SEF for the first time.

Do the questions not directly correspond to the care standards, i cant tell which Care Standard i should be looking at for each questions?

Is there guidance available for each question?

Should i just bullet point my answers?

It is due tomorrow, do you think it is a strict deadline?

Please help, i'm ready for an all nighter!:panic:

sarah707
11-04-2011, 08:39 AM
The SAF (like the English SEF) is all about good practice.

You can follow the Care Standards if you think they will help you.

However the most important thing is to think about what you do well for each question... think of it as your boasting book.

Bullet points are fine or you can write in paragraphs. Your inspector will not mind so use whichever way you find easiest to set out your thoughts.

Hth :D

arly
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi hope you managed to submit ur self assessment on time...I had to submit mine for the 1st time aswell by today I think if you havent it gets marked on your inspection report.

Think the 1st is the worst as you have so much information to put it, thereafter its all just amending. Mine was a bit of both bullet points and written sentences/paragraphs. Theres no right way or wrong way we just have to think what we do in our service to cover the points theyre looking for. Hope you got on ok and it wasnt an all nighter! :panic:

Alibali
11-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Sorry, only just seen this, hope you got it done - there are help points on the form (click on the question mark) with ideas. I like to put quite a bit of relevant info as I always forget to mention things at inspection:blush: At least that way it's all mentioned, the first one is the hardest and you just add to it after that, my first one took about a month and now I just update as I go along rather than wait for the big envelope:thumbsup:

rainbowwarrior
11-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys, well I just got stuck in, it took me from about 10pm till 9am!! But i'm off this week so i got to sleep today.

I finally realised that the reference to the Care Standards is in brackets next to the answer suggestions. This helped, but really it was quite easy once i got started, it just took ages.

Used a mixture of decent sentences and paragraphs, and some bullet points (especially towards the end! And for some Quality Statements i just said e.g. 'please see answer 1.1', rather than repeating myself.

I know my next one will be much better.

Where were you all when i needed you last night?!

arly
12-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Glad you got it done :clapping: all we need now is the inspection :panic: